Specialized S-Works Tarmac Turquoise Dura-Ace 9100 build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

endershan

by endershan

Have my first specialized built today, sharing some pictures. The weight is around 6.9kg, I will post more accurate weight once I have a proper scale.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That's damn tidy....
Using Tapatalk

banik69

by banik69

Awesome !!!
The most beautiful paint job there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Oh man.. the color reminds me of Bianchi.. I wanted to get the same frame, but this color is not available in Europe..

banik69

by banik69

lovemyway wrote:Oh man.. the color reminds me of Bianchi.. I wanted to get the same frame, but this color is not available in Europe..

Really ? I was thinking about this color too...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice, was looking at your front brake, with the release tab wide open, yet the pads look close to the rim even then. Is that to accommodate the wide ENVE rims? Can you not adjust it properly with the release tab closed?

Also, do you mind if I borrow the picture of your rear derailleur and how it mounts for an explanation in another thread I was posting to. I have some reservations on the new 9100 rear derailleur and how, with that extension on it, it must create some added stress on existing road derailleur hangers.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

lovemyway

by lovemyway

banik69 wrote:
lovemyway wrote:Oh man.. the color reminds me of Bianchi.. I wanted to get the same frame, but this color is not available in Europe..

Really ? I was thinking about this color too...

If you find one in Europe please let me know! Seems like the disc version of this color is available (somewhere) as well... https://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bi ... set/115123

caballero

by caballero

@Calnago - the 9100 brake qr operates differently to the previous models. The qr is in the closed position in the photo above

endershan

by endershan

Calnago wrote:Nice, was looking at your front brake, with the release tab wide open, yet the pads look close to the rim even then. Is that to accommodate the wide ENVE rims? Can you not adjust it properly with the release tab closed?

Also, do you mind if I borrow the picture of your rear derailleur and how it mounts for an explanation in another thread I was posting to. I have some reservations on the new 9100 rear derailleur and how, with that extension on it, it must create some added stress on existing road derailleur hangers.

I think the release tab in the pic is already closed. Shimano says that 9100 brake can work with 28mm rim(in fact the tubular 9100 wheels do have 28mm rim) and ENVE 4.5 front rim is only 27mm wide. I only rode it for a few kms but the brakes worked great.

Share the pictures as you wish, the 9100 rear derailleur is very much similar to a shimano MTB rear derailleur with Shadow Technology.

Swannie

by Swannie

what type is that rear derrailleur?
Is that the SS version?

endershan

by endershan

Swannie wrote:what type is that rear derrailleur?
Is that the SS version?

I don't know if R9100 still have mid cage version, mine only has "RD-R9100" on it. According to Shimano (http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bike/en/home/components11/road/dura-ace-9100/rd-r9100.html):
Maximum Sprocket : 30T
Minimum Sprocket : 11T
Maximum Front Difference : 16T
Total Capacity : 35T

scottmmw

by scottmmw

nice nice nice!

bikericer

by bikericer

Looks phenomenal but the blue stripe on the handle bar clashes a bit with the frame IMO. Bring out the acetone!

endershan

by endershan

bikericer wrote:Looks phenomenal but the blue stripe on the handle bar clashes a bit with the frame IMO. Bring out the acetone!

Good advice! I was looking for the black version of this handlebar but they don't have it in stock, so I chose to compromise a bit on color...

Gumwalls25

by Gumwalls25

Nice color! Refreshing for a Tarmac!
Beautiful build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com