Tarmac Etixx QuickSTEP edition with eTap

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ergott

by ergott

Still haven't gotten around to the bar tape, but since I have a brake cable replacement due I'll get to it soon.

Got some new wheels I wanted to share. I also swapped out the crank for the new model and it's BB30 this time. I have use for the other one on another bike so not a waste of resources.

These are the AForce SL33 rims. With Carbon-Ti hubs the set weighs 1450g. Looking forward to some better riding weather.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Those wheels look interesting...

tigoose

by tigoose

nice bike but i miss the Spooky :-)

grumpus

by grumpus

I've got a red gxp setup with an adapter right now. Do you notice any difference with your new bb30 version?

Did you do anything special to the paint? The first picture especially looks amazing.

ergott

by ergott

I'll take some more pics of the Spooky soon. I have a nice setup with that one now!

I can't honestly say I feel the difference with the new crank. If I didn't have use for the GXP on another bike (going on the Spooky) I would have dropped needless money. But since I wanted another power meter...

Paint is stock. I just gave it a good cleaning and a little polish before the pics. The paint is really stunning up close. Lots of details, not just another black bike.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ergot... that's nice. In the photo on the bench, those rims almost look as though the brake track is not the widest point of the rim, meaning it "looks like" the rim is a little bulbous below the brake track. I'm thinking it's just the lighting and camera angle that makes it look like that?

Also, please do take it out in some nasty weather for a couple of days to see if that anodization holds up at all. I actually don't mind the wear marks as anodization wears off, it looks ridden. I have found that on my Nemesis rims, if they only see good weather the anodization will hold up a very very long time, but as soon as anodized rims see foul weather, it only takes a ride or two to wear it off in good order. No big deal...
Will look forward to your ride experience with these wheels.

Bike setup looks perfect, except for the tape job, but you're aware of that. 8)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ergott

by ergott

Calnago wrote:@ergot... that's nice. In the photo on the bench, those rims almost look as though the brake track is not the widest point of the rim, meaning it "looks like" the rim is a little bulbous below the brake track. I'm thinking it's just the lighting and camera angle that makes it look like that?

the rims do have an angled brake track a la Zipp 101.

ergott

by ergott

Latest update:

Now 6.65kg with new wheels.

FSE 25mm tubular rims
Alchemy hubs (now Wheels Mfg)
CX-Rays with DT Aero Comps for right, rear
alloy nips
1022g

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Bike looks nice but I'm shocked about those pedals. Had those and would never ride with those again.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

jbaillie

by jbaillie

What pedals are they? L̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶S̶P̶D̶-R. Nevermind just saw that they're Campy Record Ti.

I love the wheels.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Repost

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

TurboKoo wrote:Bike looks nice but I'm shocked about those pedals. Had those and would never ride with those again.

Why's that? It's a pity neither Shimano or Look make nice pedals in silver any more.

ergott

by ergott

Those pedals are 17 years old! Still spin like they have unsealed ceramic bearings in them and I haven't serviced them yet.