FL's FACTOR O2, 5.01kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Awesome build and great weight to, so close to sub 5 but who cares, ride and enjoy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

nice build. only one thing: the massive frame imo calls for much deeper wheelset!
regards

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Where did you buy the frame?
It seems it's difficult to get your hands on a frameset from Factor.

farm_lim

by farm_lim

thanks!

reedplayer- weightweenies we are here! kidding aside, the tune wheels from the storck and the meilies from the aeroad are still with me and will definitely see ride time on this build.

bruno2000- hong kong has a factor distributor. online? this immediately comes to mind. http://www.competitivecyclist.com/factor-bike
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Crank notes aside - sharp look indeed, very sharp. Not even remotely portly either.
Just ride ..

Denavelo

by Denavelo

WOW! Amazing build...
I have a set of those FSA cranks and they're prone to failure. Upgrade to a set of THM M3/Clavicula and the build will be complete!
I think I have a new frame winner!!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Dunno what to say......

Great build as usual FL :thumbup:
Official cafe stop tester

farm_lim

by farm_lim

thanks still!

@Denavelo- standard staple of my builds these FSAs, only had a pedal thread insert issue on the 1st gen black/white series. came from another BBright build so a no-brainer and best option at dollar per gram. maybe soon i can justify buying 800+usd crankarms like the M3 for that 30g+ savings.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Paré I got my THM setup with Praxis rings for around $500 on the used market. No need to buy brand new THM cranks.. RyanH recently sold his M3's for pretty cheap too.. I have the same FSA cranks and the spindle insert is loose. Known FSA issue.

It's only 30g but the stiffness to weight is compared to nothing else out there.. I've run RED cranks, Lightning, Dura Ace. THM are worth the price (Used market). hahaha I would only buy the SE versions new. Coming from Lightning to THM was instantly night and day in terms of stiffness in my drivetrain. I never noticed crank/BB flex until I went to THM. I then knew what a stiff crankset felt like.

Your Factor is simply amazing. I'm even thinking about plunking down some money on one. CC in the USA only sell Matte Black and some other FUGLY color. How did you get your hands on that color?!?!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

dpkinard

by dpkinard

Very nice build, I'm blown away by the weight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

farm_lim

by farm_lim

@Denavelo - thanks, appreciate the insights on getting pre-owned. if praxis rings, will get around 5-10g heavier, so will have to think about that vs the stiffness gain.
hongkong has a factor distributor, this is a collaboration work with them. they have most of the colors available for sale.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Nice build. But... you know.. pictures are good for a froth but all I care about is how it rides. Does it ride as good as it looks? Tell us how it compares to your Aernario
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

bravo on the build. Not even a "Tommy Voeckler" single bottle cage?

farm_lim

by farm_lim

zappafile123 wrote:Nice build. But... you know.. pictures are good for a froth but all I care about is how it rides. Does it ride as good as it looks? Tell us how it compares to your Aernario

just to oblige, climbs as well as my former R5 and handling is among the best. nimble and quick acceleration too. for some reason, i couldnt get the aernario dialled in, most likely because of the unconventional geometry.
riding on my daily ksyriums now.

dmoneysworks wrote:bravo on the build. Not even a "Tommy Voeckler" single bottle cage?

thanks. of course, have installed cages already.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

farm_lim wrote:
zappafile123 wrote:Nice build. But... you know.. pictures are good for a froth but all I care about is how it rides. Does it ride as good as it looks? Tell us how it compares to your Aernario

just to oblige, climbs as well as my former R5 and handling is among the best. nimble and quick acceleration too. for some reason, i couldnt get the aernario dialled in, most likely because of the unconventional geometry.
riding on my daily ksyriums now.

dmoneysworks wrote:bravo on the build. Not even a "Tommy Voeckler" single bottle cage?

thanks. of course, have installed cages already.

Thats all?!
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com