my Litespeed Blade > Oval-ized (new pics page 4 & 5)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

VENTOUX

by VENTOUX

Rawr!! That is one damn sexy bike, serious weapon right there.

@casran- what do you think of those xentis wheels, how do they ride? Also, If I could only have one carbon wheelset for road racing, general riding, crits, and time trials, would you reccomend xentis or a regular spoked wheel?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

VENTOUX wrote:Rawr!! That is one damn sexy bike, serious weapon right there.

@casran- what do you think of those xentis wheels, how do they ride? Also, If I could only have one carbon wheelset for road racing, general riding, crits, and time trials, would you reccomend xentis or a regular spoked wheel?

Thanks. It's difficult to get the correct UCI-legal setback with an Arione; I think I will change that for an Aliante saddle.

Here's another picture (with a tree in my garden that suffered from last weeks stormy weather in Belgium!):

Hard question, choosing 1 single race wheelset.
Xentis wheels are great to ride, very smooth, a strong sensation, but I never looked at these as all-racing-wheels, just because the UCI does not allow you to use them; I should do some climbing rides and curvy circuits with them, but I'm sure they're ok for it. These wheels are stiff!
Not sure if I would opt for the Xentis ones. Lightweight would be a great choice, if you consider the fact that they're expensive and a brokes spoke kills the wheelset (same for Xentis: only small repairs can be done). But wheels like Corima spokes wheels or Bontrager X Lite Aero are great general use wheelsets as well.
If I'm not mistaken you're quite young, Ventoux (I did not say "a kid" :lol:). Make sure you're well informed before you spend your money!!

VENTOUX

by VENTOUX

Thanks for the info, lightweights look good, and I guy my age races with them, but the shop is telling me to opt for reynolds rims and special hubs and spokes because it is a better low budget option. (he does carry lightweights too though)

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

VENTOUX wrote:Rawr!! That is one damn sexy bike, serious weapon right there.

Xentis wheels arent road race legal as far as I know, so for crits/road races you wouldnt be able to use them I think

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

my understanding is that for RR's you need a minimum of 16 spokes.

I heard they changed this as there was a crash some time ago when somebody lost a hand (I reckon this is an over exageration, probably a finger) to a spinery rev X wheel. :shock:

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

evenfasterson wrote:my understanding is that for RR's you need a minimum of 16 spokes.

I heard they changed this as there was a crash some time ago when somebody lost a hand (I reckon this is an over exageration, probably a finger) to a spinery rev X wheel. :shock:

I'm pretty sure you can ride 12 spoke LW's as well for example.

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

It's a minimum of 16 spokes, except for some wheels which are cleared with the UCI.
Hell yeah!

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Yes, you can find all regulation on the UCI website, as well as in the archives of cyclingnews.com (they once had an article about it). All non-standard wheelsets (a rim higher than x mm and spokes less then a certain number) need a specific approval by the UCI guys and are tested.
All Lightweight wheels (even 12 and 16 spoke), expect the LW disc, are approved by the UCI for road racing.

Thank God all Triathletes and duathletes do not have these severe rules! I'm building up one the bike of one of worlds best duathletes at this moment, and it's gorgeous not to have to be concerned about the stupid "6.8".

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

What about an 8spoke LW.

Didnt they make one for a female triathlete.

A e o l u s

by A e o l u s

yeh i think they did, for natasha badmann

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

evenfasterson wrote:What about an 8spoke LW.

Didnt they make one for a female triathlete.

Not a UCI road race:)

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Pinarello wrote::thumbup: maybe disk in the near future :?: :?:

I will race Xentis Mark 1 TT wheels (they arrived today!! 8) ), but since I had a Z8 front wheel hanging around, I purchased a Z9 disc to complete the set.

I will try the wheelset on training ride: will definitely be fun. And will use the set to help out triathletes and young cyclists I want to give a support.

Btw the set is coincidently very similar (double Z8-decal front, triple Zipp 909 sticker rear) to the one use by Loyd Flandis here:

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

that just looks super mean man!! gunna be lethaly fast!
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

VENTOUX

by VENTOUX

It looks extremely aero, I don't know how you couldn't blow everone away on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tsielio

by Tsielio

all i can say: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
looking forward to try it out!!!!
disc and frame couldn't find a better new owner! i'm happy
congrats