Time VXR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

havana

by havana

This summer I was finally able to buy the frame I absolutely adore: the Time VXR. Finding one wasn't easy, especially since I wanted a size L non-ISP.

I found this bike in Belgium, and it wasn't easy getting the frame to The Netherlands (where I live). Since I live in the north, It would have taken a full day to pick it up by car. Having two small kids, I simply don't have the time. The owner couldn't (or wouldn't) ship the bike, so I through the Dutch bike forum I found some one who lived close by. He picked up the bike, another guy from the forum moved it to Haarlem (NL), where I picked it up.

The frame was originally ridden by Frederik Nolf, a former pro rider who tragically died at very young age... :cry:

This is how the bike looked when I picked it up

Work in progress

Jobs done

- changed the crank to a Chorus carbon CT
- serviced the headset (luckily the bearings were still ok)
- removed decals from F5 wheels and fitted new bearings
- swapped the hideous stem for an FSA
- new cables
- overhauled the right shifter
- fitted new 25 mm tires
- swapped the handlebars for a Pro Vibe S round which I had in stock
- swapped the saddle for a Speh Phenom
- installed Powertap pedals

Currently it looks like this

The frame will be resprayed at the end of the winter, which is really necessary since the white in in the paint scheme has gone yellow. I will stick to the original paint scheme but will make it a bit more subtle by reducing the amount of Time logo's. Not sure if I'll keep the carbon weave, I might just go for shiny black.

As you know this frame is not very stiff but I'm pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. Very, very smooth. I took it to France on holiday and had no problem descending the Ventoux with 90 kph.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

Hey, that stem may be hideous but it's correct for that frame. I think you should put it back. See the other current Time thread about the VXRS Ulteam - same stem.

Lovely frame and very good that you've kept a lot of the spec.

McGilli

by McGilli

oooooh.... Maybe it's just because I'm superstitious - but I'd never repaint a frame that was ridden by somebody who died... I'd be proud to show it in its aged glory!

Looks good I think as is - You're riding history there.... Don't change that!

Regardless, good find!

Geoff

by Geoff

That is one great find! Just my 2 cents, but I believe that ex-pro bikes should be left in as close to 'as-raced' condition as reasonably possible (excluding morphological considerations and consumables)...

havana

by havana

Update!

Frame is now in the paint shop for a respray. Will be partly 3K, partly glossy black. Less Time logo's.

Will be re assembled with Campagnolo Potenza, Quarq DZero and Fulcrum 5 wheels.

Stay tuned!
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

kgt

by kgt

Post it at 'Le club Time' when you are ready!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com