Cobalt Dream - down to 5.87kg. / 12.91lb.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Amazing build

hmai18

by hmai18

eric01 wrote:Nice is that a custom color? Really nice choice

Nope; comes on the stock Ultegra build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dak

by dak

nd2rc wrote:Amazing build

Thanks!
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

dak

by dak

Thinking about buying a SISL2 right crank arm to go with the Stages SI left arm I just installed. This will free up both of the other SI cranks to go on my CAAD9.

Anyone know what the weight savings would be for one arm from SI to SISL2?

Also any issues with compatibility or use have one side running SISL2 and the other being the Stages SI?
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

AZR3

by AZR3

No comparability issues mixing Si/SL/SL2

I've seen Si arms weighing in around 165g/168g

SL2 are closer to 128g or so

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Mate. That looks awesome. Nitpicking i would acetone the decals off the stem and remove the di2 warning stickers. But everything about the build is otherwise mint. Evos are awesome.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dak

by dak

AZR3 wrote:No comparability issues mixing Si/SL/SL2

I've seen Si arms weighing in around 165g/168g

SL2 are closer to 128g or so

Thanks AZR3, I weighed my left SI at 160g. 30 grams at least negates on of the bottle cages! :twisted:
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

michel2

by michel2

stunning build ! did you had a chance to weigh the stem, i really like the look of the easton stem.
thnaksk, enjoy !
michel

dak

by dak

michel2 wrote:stunning build ! did you had a chance to weigh the stem, i really like the look of the easton stem.
thnaksk, enjoy !
michel

Thanks Michel! The stem is the Easton EA90. The 120mm on the bike weighed in at 140g and the 110mm I have was 130g
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

JDEves

by JDEves

Well done on building this great looking supersix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dak

by dak

Thought I would update this thread with a brief ride review. I am still waiting for delivery of my DA 9150 shifters but it looks like that won't be until 2017... :noidea:

The bike has exceeded my expectations. I was worried that after my initial few rides, the new bike excitement would wear off, but I still get a huge smile every time I throw a leg over! The reviews for the bike are fairly plentiful so I will just focus on some things I have noticed after really getting accustomed to the bike's handling.

Turn in and cornering is truly telepathic. At first I was running a 110mm stem and while the bike handled well, the steering was a little too light for my liking. Luckily after some time adjusting my fit, I actually required a 120mm and ever since I made that change I am amazed at how balanced the steering feels. It took some time to trust how accurately / quickly it corners but now its really changed how I approach and take turns. truly awesome!!

Ride compliance and handling is also perfect. I test rode a long list of top bikes that included the BMC SLR01, Cervelo R5 & S5 (2016), Trek Madone 9.2, Scott Addict & Foil (2016), Dogma F8, Canyon Aeroad and Ultimate CF SLX along with a few others. Of all these fine alternatives, the closest in ride compliance was the Addict, BMC and the Canyons. The Trek was too disconnected for me and the R5 also just felt a little vague, while the Dogma, Foil and S5 were a little too firm for my liking.

Don't get me wrong. Each of these bikes had an awesome ride (especially to my chagrin the Dogma F8) but the Evo Hi Mod was my Goldilocks bike. I have found that on many of my normal ride routes, I no longer avoid certain patches of rough road that would have been punishing on my old BMC. Even accidentally catching a stray reflector does not have the same disruptive and jarring effect I am accustomed to. You can simply plow through most rough patches with only the slightest soft vibrations making it to your sit bones. This too has changed my riding, allowing for less line adjustments than ever before.

While it may not be the most aero bike of the bunch, the pedaling stiffness is awesome and when combined with the weight, the acceleration is great. Plus I have found I can easily maintain a very aero body position given how comfortable the ride is.

From a value perspective, I think its probably the best high end race bike available. This also means it's not the most unique nor does it have the most cache, but I am willing to sacrifice some of that for the blend and balance of ride character it possesses.

Cheers :beerchug:

DK
Last edited by dak on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

corky

by corky

Well it still looks fabulous....... my previous comments about seatpost were made in ignorance of the rare size that the frame requires.

The colour is a standout

Clean39T

by Clean39T

dak wrote:Thinking about buying a SISL2 right crank arm to go with the Stages SI left arm I just installed. This will free up both of the other SI cranks to go on my CAAD9.

Also any issues with compatibility or use have one side running SISL2 and the other being the Stages SI?

No compatability issues, but there also isn't much point to going SL2 vs Si - I personally would prefer having the arms match.

Last edited by Clean39T on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

dak

by dak

Clean39T wrote:
dak wrote:Thinking about buying a SISL2 right crank arm to go with the Stages SI left arm I just installed. This will free up both of the other SI cranks to go on my CAAD9.

No comparability issues, but there also isn't much point to going SL2 vs Si - I personally would prefer having the arms match.

I'm starting to agree on the matching arms. This build could clearly go much lighter (wheels, saddle, bars, etc.) but living in Florida the motivation is lacking. Our overpasses aren't enough to justify it! :D
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jkzy

by jkzy

Stunning build, this just looks so beautiful