Cobalt Dream - down to 5.87kg. / 12.91lb.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Delorre

by Delorre

Keep up the good work! This bike is looking better and better. Only small reservation : I prefered the look of a -10° stem, given the almost level top tube. Both otherwise, 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

Could I ask your opinion on the WI T11 vs novatec hubs? I've been toying between spending on the Ti hub and better name, or being cheap.

dak

by dak

FLtrooper wrote:Beautiful! If you get caught in heavy rain just make sure to re-grease those KCNC's!

Also...I like those new FL wheels from ican. I have been pretty happy with my ican 38's and 50's!

:)

Yeah they were a little squeaky when I first got them but some spray lubricant stopped that.

These ICAN's have been really good so far. I also have a set of the older 23mm width 50mm clinchers and while they are ok, they don't compare with these.
Last edited by dak on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

dak

by dak

corky wrote:MCFK Stem seatpost look fabulous.....good job on all the weight saving

Thanks corky. I've been really impressed by their stuff so far. I've even considered trying their saddle but not sure I want to change. The Aliante 00 is crazy comfortable.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

dak

by dak

brahl wrote:This bike is awesome, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys their bikes with a huge bias towards frame color.

Color and comfort were big deciding factors on this one! [emoji1303]
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

dak

by dak

Delorre wrote:Keep up the good work! This bike is looking better and better. Only small reservation : I prefered the look of a -10° stem, given the almost level top tube. Both otherwise, 8)

Unfortunately I agree with you on the stem angle. I really wish it was a -10 degree but I love the stem anyway and it matches up really well with the seatpost [emoji6]
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

dak

by dak

evan326 wrote:Could I ask your opinion on the WI T11 vs novatec hubs? I've been toying between spending on the Ti hub and better name, or being cheap.

The T11's have been awesome and they look great but I'm not a wheel builder so I probably won't have the most educated opinion.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

dak

by dak

One more from inside.

My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Please rewrap the bartape. :smartass:

Other than that, great bike. The Icans look way better than the Enves, which were too high imo.

dak

by dak

rekhyt wrote:Please rewrap the bartape. :smartass:

Other than that, great bike. The Icans look way better than the Enves, which were too high imo.

New tape and a better background [emoji1303]
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Perfection!! That's all there is to say.

corky

by corky

A recent convert to ergonova's myself.......I think they're the best out there in terms of shape.

RyanH

by RyanH

Can you comment on the difference in comfort between the Mcfk post and the SAVE post? Also, it looks like the Mcfk gives you more room for fore/aft adjustment compared to the SAVE post, is that right? They don't provide an actual setback number which has left me mildly confused.

dak

by dak

RyanH wrote:Can you comment on the difference in comfort between the Mcfk post and the SAVE post? Also, it looks like the Mcfk gives you more room for fore/aft adjustment compared to the SAVE post, is that right? They don't provide an actual setback number which has left me mildly confused.

Hey Ryan,

I was really concerned about the ride dampening from the post vs. the SAVE I had on before. After about 4-500 miles on the MCFK, I can say IF there is a difference, it might be slightly firmer, but really it's barely noticeable and I definitely would not call it stiff. It could just be in my head! :wink: It's worth noting that I am about 84 kg so I probably get more flex out of it than someone lighter. And honestly, the bike is so compliant to begin with, that I really don't think it would be an issue.

It's my understanding that the post has a zero setback despite it looking as though it has a slight setback. The clamp and cradle is not as wide on the MCFK so this definitely provides a bit more range.

Dimitri
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dak

by dak

burglarboycie wrote:Perfection!! That's all there is to say.

Thanks man! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Dimitri
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod