Cobalt Dream - down to 5.87kg. / 12.91lb.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dak

by dak

So I took the plunge and I am waiting on delivery of a new Berk Hlod! I opted for the leather as I felt better about leaning the bike on stuff and not having to worry as much about scratching the carbon as I did when I had the MCFK on there.

As for the MCFK, I think my problem was the sizing. I went with the 140mm based on the Aliante sizing but I think I needed to go with a 135 or 130mm. Depending on the experience with Berk, I may try another MCFK in a narrower size. will report back with pictures once I get it
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

dak

by dak

Here she is with the new leather Berk Hlod. Have a few short trainer rides on it and so far so good. Impressed by the level of flex in the shell and the general finish seems very nice.

Now waiting on some new Michelin Power competition 25s and Conti ultra light tubes. Should shed another 100+ grams. Will post new weight once that’s done.

My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dak

by dak

changed out the Pro4's and standard tubes with the Power Competition and Ultrasonic tubes. Finally under 13!! 12.91lbs / 5.87kg currently. Hopefully the ultrasonics hold up. Definitely the cheapest 110 Grams I ever saved!
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

you could save another couple grams if you cut/finish the bar tape better.

Last 3 photos at the end of section 2
https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-he ... -section-2

dak

by dak

wpccrunner wrote:you could save another couple grams if you cut/finish the bar tape better.

Last 3 photos at the end of section 2
https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-he ... -section-2
Yess, thanks for the tip. I realize I could save grams on lighter tape but I am really happy with the updated silicon Supacaz. Seams to have just the right amount of tack and cushion.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

RyanH

by RyanH

I think he was referring to where you finished the tape. For the last several cm, you cut it at an angle like this: / so that when you finish it with the electrical tape, you don't have the little flaps hanging out like they do in your picture.

SlowSprinter

by SlowSprinter

Saddles are really personal things and it took me years to find the perfect perch which I can ride for long distances.

How are you getting on with the Berk, cant believe how light they are?

If you find that it doesnt work, maybe look at Fabric saddles, not as light as the Berk or the MCFK but they are very comfortable (IMO)

2 to choose from would be the ALM (140g) or the Scoop Flat Ultimate (162g), both around the £200 mark.

Probably too heavy but it may be a small price to pay for a comfy ar5e :thumbup:

dak

by dak

SlowSprinter wrote:Saddles are really personal things and it took me years to find the perfect perch which I can ride for long distances.

How are you getting on with the Berk, cant believe how light they are?

If you find that it doesnt work, maybe look at Fabric saddles, not as light as the Berk or the MCFK but they are very comfortable (IMO)

2 to choose from would be the ALM (140g) or the Scoop Flat Ultimate (162g), both around the £200 mark.

Probably too heavy but it may be a small price to pay for a comfy ar5e :thumbup:
Thanks for the tip on the Fabrics. In that weight range I would probably stick with the Aliante 00 as it’s right around 170ish gr. So far I like the Berk but I have not ridden more than an hour at a time and all on the trainer. Plan on going out for a longer ride tomorrow morning so I will report back. I love the finish on the Berk. And the light padding adds a little traction and its more comfortable when riding without a bib.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod