Specialized Edition Allez Sprint 2X

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice ride! How do you like the bars?

moonoi

by moonoi

Picked mine up today, size 58 with the Crank swapped out for a Rotor Inpower and with pedals, K-Edge XL Garmin mount is 7.95Kg. Will save a bit more removing the plastic disc from the rear wheel, don't know why the LBS left it there....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Sick bike... saw couple of these run by a local team at one of our local, big races... and they looked awesome.

marcello

by marcello

And how is the Allez Sprint riding compare to the Caad10?

Cause this are the 2 bikes on my wishlist for a critbike :wink:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Ill be turning my SL4 into one as soon as its delivered, everyone I've spoken to has loved the ride.
Using Tapatalk

LanMi

by LanMi

jonloh wrote:@Zak - i believe the bar tap was wrapped starting from the top of the bars, moving towards the bar-ends so that the finishing tape would not be needed. Essentially the opposite direction from the traditional way of starting from the bar-ends.

@IamnotWiggins - is there a particular way to keep the polished silver finish in good condition? any special cleaning techniques?

@emcardle - yup, it's a 49 with a ridiculously short 80mm stem that comes with the bike.

@Fixie82 - no special cable routing. The bike shop just used the shortest housing possible as you can see below.Image

Dude, what's your height? I ordered size 49cm frame too.

jonloh

by jonloh

@LanMi - 170cm

jonloh

by jonloh

@marcello - to be honest, i can't give a definitive answer because ride quality is significantly affected by wheels. the allez came with roval 64s while the caad is on fulcrum racing zeros. So my allez feels really good on fast and steady rides while the caad is good for crit-like rides (constant short and brutal accelerations).

both bike geometries are quite similar and both are plenty stiff so you can't really go wrong with either a caad or allez.