Specialized Edition Allez Sprint 2X

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jonloh

by jonloh

The first time I saw this bike online, i fell in love. After much effort searching for this unicorn (only 120 pcs worldwide), I finally managed to get it!

The bike is stock - only added pedals and bottle cage. The stem is ridiculously short (80mm). I need a 100/110mm stem to get the fit dialled in perfectly.

Weight? Didn't manage to get it weighed but will update once it get it done. I suspect about low 7kgs, partly because of the wheels.

If you want a full build list - see the link below:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/specialized-edition-allez-sprint-x2/116152

How is the ride? It's stiff (as stiff as my CAAD10). It's not that responsive (hard to get up to speed - but then again, this is my main bike http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130906&hilit=parlee+z5) but once at speed, it can hold speed well (it's due to the wheels more than the frame). I only did a 30km spin, so I will provide a more detailed update once I get my position dialled in and I ride it a bit more.

Finishing and paintwork is fantastic, the polished silver is amazing. The choice of components is top-notch. It's one of those bikes that you really don't see a need to swap out the stock parts.

I hope you like the bike as much as I do. More updates to come!

F45

by F45

Good looking bike. It's aero in all the right places. You like that saddle?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

What makes this a limited edition?

AZR3

by AZR3

Love that green, sweet ride :thumbup:

boysa

by boysa

Congrats! Sharp looking ride.

I'd love to hear more comparisons between this and the CAAD10. I've always felt the CAAD10 was unresponsive, and I was under the impression this frame was stiffer and snappier.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

moonoi

by moonoi

I just booked one of these at the weekend, didn't realize they are a limited run, supposed to arrive at the shop this coming weekend. Only thing I plan to change is to stick my Rotor 3D+ Inpower cranks on it.

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

jonloh

by jonloh

@F45 - I am not too picky with saddles (Selle italia SLR on my parlee; fizik arione on my CAAD10) but I find the saddle comfy especially when you are in the drops because of the truncated nose portion (a bit like ISM saddles)

@IamnotWiggins - a limited paint scheme and higher spec components differentiate this bike from other Allez Sprints. Other than that, I believe the frame is identical to the standard Allez Sprint 2x frames. Call me a sucker, but the polished silver finish is a sight to behold and worth the extra $$$.

@boysa - I will post a more detailed report once I get more miles in and my fit dialed in. I think the wheelset is a bigger factor in a bike's responsiveness than the frame, especially accelerating from standstill. But yeah, all things equal, I would expect the allez to be somewhat snappier than a caad10. Maybe i should use the same wheelset for a fair test...

Zak

by Zak

Lovely bike! I'm not a big Specialized fan, but this is something special. How did you wrap that bartape?

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

jonloh wrote:@IamnotWiggins - a limited paint scheme and higher spec components differentiate this bike from other Allez Sprints. Other than that, I believe the frame is identical to the standard Allez Sprint 2x frames. Call me a sucker, but the polished silver finish is a sight to behold and worth the extra $$$.

I won't call you a sucker as it's a lovely looking bike! My Allez e5 winter bike is the polished version and I know what you mean about the finish. And hey, who doesn't love something that's a limited edition.

emcardle

by emcardle

I am seriously jealous! Is it a 49cm?

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Nice! Have you run the rear brake cable any differently to standard? In most pictures I have seen the cable droops down and can be seen from side on, yours looks much neater.

I am really interested in one of these.

jonloh

by jonloh

@Zak - i believe the bar tap was wrapped starting from the top of the bars, moving towards the bar-ends so that the finishing tape would not be needed. Essentially the opposite direction from the traditional way of starting from the bar-ends.

@IamnotWiggins - is there a particular way to keep the polished silver finish in good condition? any special cleaning techniques?

@emcardle - yup, it's a 49 with a ridiculously short 80mm stem that comes with the bike.

@Fixie82 - no special cable routing. The bike shop just used the shortest housing possible as you can see below.Image

emcardle

by emcardle

Did you weight it?

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

@jonloh - I tend to use furniture polish to bring out the shine. Just wash it as normal using whatever you normally use then buff it up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. The fork looks great.