63cm CAAD10 build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

poursuivant

by poursuivant

I am building myself a climbing/training bike (n+1) to complement my other bike, which is a Giant Propel.

I picked up a new old stock 2013 CAAD10 frame in the black/silver finish very cheaply on eBay. It had no fork so I found a new, uncut Super Six fork on eBay to pair with it for a reasonable price. It’s in the Liquigas colour way but I plan on doing my own paint at some stage anyway.

Frame didn’t include a seat clamp, cable guide or headset so I will source these through Cannondalespares, and swap out the bolt for Ti, though I’ll probably run an FSA Orbit headset as I don’t want the giant spacer the OEM headset comes with.

Finishing kit will be FSA SL-K (44cm carbon bars, 120mm stem, 27.2mm SB0 seatpost) as I already have them and like the bar shape.

Groupset will be Ultegra 6800 11 speed, as I already have cassette and derailleurs and run Shimano on my other bikes and want to stick with it, plus there are more Stages power meters turning up secondhand and I want a power meter on this bike, as a bonus I could swap it to my other bikes.

I have Ti bolts for most things ready and will try and get all the fasteners on the frame in Ti.

I run a Fizik Tritone TT saddle on my other bike and may try the new Mystica on this or a Fabric Tri Flat.

Wheels are likely going to be hand built. Haven’t thought too much about them yet, except they have to be clinchers as riding on tubs makes me paranoid. Hopefully 1400g or below to be <7.5kg for a relatively inexpensive and durable build.

Any tips or recommendations for a wheel build?

Rough thoughts are Kinlin XR200’s on Hope RS hubs 20/24h with Sapim Laser’s. There are lighter hubs but I want something strong.

poursuivant

by poursuivant

Pic of frame and fork
E2795AB0-6504-420F-BCDE-0B459E3424F8.jpeg

by Weenie