Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Shit man, you can't catch a break. Be careful of any concussion injury too. Looks like the Gip is off to Berk for some love.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

Must've hit some slick tar or something. Shit.
Heal well. Stuff runs in bunches.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Ouch, looks painful. Hope you heal up fast.

Berk can fix the Lightweights..

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I am also surprised by the damage to your forehead and to a lesser extent the side of your face. I would have thought the helmet would have given you a bit more protection in that area. That is just a nasty face-plant.

Something to think about in the future, for super slippery corners that you have to nurse the bike around - coast out of the saddle and on the drops with max weight on the outside pedal. If your ass touches the saddle your dead. And here is the bit that most people ignore - lean the bike if you need to, but not the body. Riders that try and keep the bike vertical but have their torso hanging to the inside moto GP style (and their ass on the saddle) lose their ability to deal with traction loss and are more likely to experience a front end wash out. As a side benefit to this technique, in the event the bike does slide out, you might be able to save it or if you do go down, you are more likely to end up on your rear than your face.
Last edited by Mr.Gib on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I had hoards of miles in the wet with Veloflex Arenburgs last years.. never a scare. Corsa G+ clinchers of the other hand scared the beejees out of me.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

RyanH

by RyanH

Wheel Update

Ambrosio Nemesis
After spending a few weeks on them after my crash, these have come to grow on me. They are probably one of my favorite wheels I've had. They're very smooth riding, braking is very smooth although not as powerful as some of the machined tracks and ride pretty close to many of my carbon wheelsets, which is saying a lot for something that weighs 1600g and super low profile. When I had the Archetypes laced 32x to Ultegra hubs, those felt sluggish and handling felt like I was driving an old school caddie. These are stiff, even out of the saddle with a lot of weight over the front.

Enve 3.4
So, the wheels that caused me to go to DA 9100. I can say that braking is stellar with 9100 brakes. Pad life not so much. Enve pads barely lasted 500 miles. Black Prince pads seem to be wearing better. I have about 1200 miles on the wheels so far and BP pads have about half life left on them and Enve are toast, so that should put the BP pads on a run rate of around 1400 miles, which isn't great but not intolerable. The wheels brake nearly as well as nemesis...they're really good.

...and since it's been a month since I've gotten a wheelset, I have a set of Enve 2.2s coming compliments of spdntrxi.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I can’t believe you are getting such low miles out of the carbon brake pads. I have the Campy red pads and I can’t seem to wear them out. And I climb a lot. Have you ever tried the red pads?

Any updates on the Lightweight replacement? I went on their website and it says a fully broken spoke is not repairable. But they do have a crash replacement offer at 30% discount if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

You're using the red pads with the new Enve?

Lightweights are going to Berk when I get around to dropping them off at the post office.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

No. Red pads with Campy wheels. Since you have tried two different pads with Enve and got short life I thought perhaps you should try the reds.

glepore

by glepore

Of all the pads I've used ( Campy,Swisstop Black, Reynolds Power and normal, various asian, Zipp) I really prefer the Campy Reds. I haven't had the cojones to try them with my Lightweights but would like to. I also want to try their PEO pads on the Aforce. I would really like to find a padholder that is quick change but cheaper than the EE ( and workable with Ciamillo brakes, as I'm stuck with a couple sets). I have a set of Aztecs coming from Ebay to try, they're very light and dirt cheap right now.

What pad do people like with Mavic CCU's-I have a pair inbound to try, not sure if they'll stay but wanted to compare them to Lightweight standards.

Ryan, keep up the search. The Colnago ride should be experienced.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Imaking20

by Imaking20

You should definitely try the Campy red pads on the CCU and Lightweights. Both are great. Red pads are probably the only reason I found LW braking acceptable.

RyanH

by RyanH

Red pads with CCU and 9100 brakes was the best carbon braking I've ever experienced.

KarlC

by KarlC

glepore wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:12 pm
Of all the pads I've used ( Campy,Swisstop Black, Reynolds Power and normal, various asian, Zipp) I really prefer the Campy Reds.
I tried a nice new set of Campy reds for a few rides with my Reynolds Aero wheels, I found them to be ok but no where near as good as the new Reynolds Power pads.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I only use the Campy red pads on my Boras but I set someone up with Lightweights and put on the Lightweight grey pads. I found them to be superb and was really impressed. Based on that ride I wouldn’t be swapping them for Campy reds, and that’s not even caring about whether the warranty was voided or not. Never tried them in the wet however.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah, as Cal mentioned, braking with the Lightweight gray pads are quite good and I didn't feel a need to try other pads. Enve is textured, which is why there's excessive pad wear. On my past Reynolds Power Pads set, I got about 7K miles out of those with various rims. Red pads seem to wear a little faster though as I wore through a set last year and I'm pretty sure they weren't used for a majority of the year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com