Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I actually find the CTG braking to be the best out of most wheels I've tried, no pulsing or squealing and nice linear feel with plenty of bite if you ask for it, id say give them a try if they're on offer (9100 calliper).
The Power pads are nice and dont seem to wear too bad but truth be told I've actually started using the $6 Wiggle blue pads with them for crits etc as an experemtnt as I had them here after I needed to bulk up an order for free shipping last year and im pretty sure they are in fact the original CTG pads.. Not quite as powerful as they have less surface area and they chew out a bit faster but for most riding it's not an issue. If im riding unknown hills I throw the Power pads back in and presto. I'm also 90kg at present and dont go easy on things.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

RyanH wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 am
If it's true that the Enve pads only last 500 miles or so which seems to be the case for my first pair, then 10K miles per year would be 20 sets of pads at $40 a piece, or $800 actually...ridiculous, no? I think I got 7K or more out of my Reynolds Power Pads.

@nefarious No, Isaac has offered to lend me his pair since he believes in them so much. I've had the previous gen wheels, which I like for what they were. My only gripe with the old ones was that the brake feel wasn't very smooth when coming to a final stop.
Hey Ryan,
You know what you need to do, that's borrow Isaacs wheels, fall in love, buy them and sell me your Gipfelsturms. Then my wife can use the Ventoux I got off Isaac, so we will both be happy. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I get about 3k out of my Enve pads. When they are nice and low they go to my TT bike where I have clearance issues.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

spdntrxi wrote:I get about 3k out of my Enve pads. When they are nice and low they go to my TT bike where I have clearance issues.
The Gen2 brake tracks?

Using Tapatalk

Clean39T

by Clean39T

turlutu wrote:You need a T1SL disc .... :)
Seems cheaper than getting new brake pads.. 🤯

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 am
I think I got 7K or more out of my Reynolds Power Pads.

Theres the ez answer then no ?
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 pm
spdntrxi wrote:I get about 3k out of my Enve pads. When they are nice and low they go to my TT bike where I have clearance issues.
The Gen2 brake tracks?

yes gen 2

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

spdntrxi wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
The Gen2 brake tracks?

yes gen 2
What sort of VM in that time?

Using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
The Gen2 brake tracks?

yes gen 2
What sort of VM in that time?

if you mean climbing.. Its probably in the neighborhood of 100k ft(not a lot). I'm not a lightweight at 85kg

RyanH

by RyanH

I broke my front wheel today, this is super depressing. I washed my front wheel on a tiny patch of super slick water on a road I've gone up over a hundred times. I've done that turn dozens of times when it has been wet and took today pretty gingerly I thought but when I went to finish my turn and crossed over a little extended patch, quickly lost my front wheel.

So, for the 2nd time in about a month, off to the Urgent Care. This time some stitches and glued up cuts. ImageImage

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Ouch... heal up.

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Ouch! That's a hellva lump. Heal up quick!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

WTF? Terrible luck. Somethings not right. There must have been some contaminant on the road or grease, etc. A tire issue? How are those Veloflex in the wet? Did the wheel fail first? and if not how did it get wrecked. Just laying the bike down shouldn't hurt the wheel. Feel for you.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

KCookie

by KCookie

Hope you heal soon, and not in to much pain.
You didn't break my Gipfelsturms did you. !!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

I broke the Gips

I'm still at a loss how I went down. I've done that turn dozens of times when it was wet but never with Veloflex Extreme. I'd be surprised if Veloflex was using a different compound for Extreme than their other tires though. Maybe I'm wrong but they seems like something only larger manufacturers can afford to do. I even went through it deliberately slowly since I had recently crashed and didn't want to risk crashing again.

The front wheel broke during the crash. The bike flipped somehow and I managed to jam my foot through the front wheel. I remember seeing my foot in the wheel and that pit in the stomach feeling. Drive side shifters sustained substantial damage despite going down on my left side.

All in all, a few stitches, some glue and a bunch of road rash. Nothing broken fortunately. Just an upset wife.

Edit: does anyone have comments on Extreme in the wet vs the rest of the lineup? I've ridden Roubaix and carbons extensively in the wet last year. I also rode those at much lower psi than these (100/110).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com