Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

stax wrote:I haven’t tried Reynolds- would you recommend them?

Yes as long as it the NEWER Reynolds power pads and not just the old Reynolds blue pads
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Denavelo

by Denavelo

What if we're all being fooled and these pads are all made in the same place, but different buckets of dye?
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

glepore

by glepore

Denavelo wrote:What if we're all being fooled and these pads are all made in the same place, but different buckets of dye?

LOL

WRT the Reynolds pads, I've used both the normal blue and the power on the same wheels, and while there is some difference, it's not enough to justify the premium for the Power's imho.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

KarlC

by KarlC

glepore wrote: LOL

WRT the Reynolds pads, I've used both the normal blue and the power on the same wheels, and while there is some difference, it's not enough to justify the premium for the Power's imho.

I found just the opposite to be true, and would agree with this review ......

http://aerogeeks.com/2014/04/29/reynold ... ds-review/

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

I've used the power pads on many wheelsets and they seem to work well with most. I think the same goes for the Bora red pads.

I've also found that the Power Pads especially need a "break in" period with each wheel for about 100 miles to get up to full power.

I rode a very short ride today and dragged my brakes on purpose with the power pads and they are already better than the Enve pads. I'll report back after the weekend.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

RyanH wrote:I've used the power pads on many wheelsets and they seem to work well with most. I think the same goes for the Bora red pads.

I've also found that the Power Pads especially need a "break in" period with each wheel for about 100 miles to get up to full power.

I rode a very short ride today and dragged my brakes on purpose with the power pads and they are already better than the Enve pads. I'll report back after the weekend.

I've tried the power pads but i'm experience a lot of brake dust after every ride, where no dust on the Campagnolo red pads. Are your experience the same?

RyanH

by RyanH

You're using Bora pads with Gen 2 Enve?

asiantrick

by asiantrick

RyanH wrote:You're using Bora pads with Gen 2 Enve?

No, i'm using Bora pads with Bora wheelset, and Fulcrum Speed. I tested power pads with FSE wheelset and I'm getting alot of brake dust. I ended up using the Bora pads with FSE set and it works fantastic. I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same brake dust issues with power pads.

syplam

by syplam

asiantrick wrote:
RyanH wrote:You're using Bora pads with Gen 2 Enve?

No, i'm using Bora pads with Bora wheelset, and Fulcrum Speed. I tested power pads with FSE wheelset and I'm getting alot of brake dust. I ended up using the Bora pads with FSE set and it works fantastic. I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same brake dust issues with power pads.

What do you mean by brake dust??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

Been super slammed with work the past two weeks but had a chance to spend 30 minutes to glue up some Vlaanderen onto the CCU to see if they were okay on the rim even though the Roubaix wasn't. They look quite big on these rims:

Don't have a ride report though as I had to end my ride early to get back to the office. :x

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Nice setup with the Vlaanderen tubulars, but enough clearance ? ?

RyanH

by RyanH

Mavic seems to tend to dish their wheels slightly to the NDS so clearance is pretty tight. I'll pull the wheel off after this weekend to see if it's rubbing the NDS chainstay. The nice thing about the new Enve 3.4's I had built was that they were aligned nice and center and I had a few mm of clearance so the tires never rubbed.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Why would anyone intentionally dish their wheels anything other than dead center?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RyanH

by RyanH

So, new wheels came... But now they have to go...

This is what my entire ride sounded like:

https://youtu.be/2IeO4ArUYec

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stax

by stax

Damn- that’s annoying as hell. Surely there must be a fix?