Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

Keep us posted on the chain.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

mriddle

by mriddle

Just read this entire thread...I have a couple questions.

1. How much $ have you spent on wheels?

2. What are you looking for with this wheel search?

My advice from a 53 year old cycling obsessed parent:

In regard to all things wheels, Campagnolo. Best combination of reliability, weight, technology and SAFETY. This includes rims, hubs and skewers.

Get a good financial planner, you will be my age before you know it. Working gets old/sucks and you will want to stop doing it. Riding keeps you young.

Be safe my friend.

by Weenie

glepore

by glepore

From a 58 year old cycling parent, I'm not sure if that's the kindest or most condescending thing I've read today.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

That’s rational advice, but inappropriate for an obsessive audience
Last edited by FilmAt11 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanH

by RyanH

My initial reaction is LOL, did you also factor in all of my bike builds in 2017? If not, you're in for a doozy.

But in all seriousness, I believe I have mentioned it in this thread but I keep track of my personal finances through mint.com where everything is tracked down to the cent. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have a personal shopping budget that I'd consider is pretty low in relation to my post tax income (we're talking low single digit percentage). So even in spite of my seemingly gratuitous spending, I closed out 2017 with an 8 month surplus in my personal shopping budget since I'm pretty diligent about what price I pay for things and I sell nearly everything that isn't bolted to the ground.

And if it helps ease your mind, at the age of 31, my wife and I just bought our first home in Hollywood Hills, again despite my seemingly gratuitous spending. I probably won't have any flashy builds any time soon since, as my friend put it, I have real LA bills now, not just bills, but LA bills. Which is kind of a bummer since I really had an itch for a Parlee Z-Zero in snow camo.

Anyway, moral of the story is probably that financial advice is probably best reserved when you actually know their financial situation, because let's face it, some people make a shit ton of money.
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

RyanH wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 pm
Quick outdoor snap. This depth looks good with the frame.

hope they work out for you.. I like the way 2.2 looks on my Z-Zero too.. better then 4.5 despite the beefy tubing on the Z-Zero. Rode with the 4.5 today..I dont know why but the 2.2 always seem to brake a hell of a lot better then my 4.5. Going put the 2.2 back on.

glepore

by glepore

Now I know what your Paceline handle is an acronym for :)

mriddle

by mriddle

RyanH wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm
My initial reaction is LOL, did you also factor in all of my bike builds in 2017? If not, you're in for a doozy.

But in all seriousness, I believe I have mentioned it in this thread but I keep track of my personal finances through mint.com where everything is tracked down to the cent. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have a personal shopping budget that I'd consider is pretty low in relation to my post tax income (we're talking low single digit percentage). So even in spite of my seemingly gratuitous spending, I closed out 2017 with an 8 month surplus in my personal shopping budget since I'm pretty diligent about what price I pay for things and I sell nearly everything that isn't bolted to the ground.

And if it helps ease your mind, at the age of 31, my wife and I just bought our first home in Hollywood Hills, again despite my seemingly gratuitous spending. I probably won't have any flashy builds any time soon since, as my friend put it, I have real LA bills now, not just bills, but LA bills. Which is kind of a bummer since I really had an itch for a Parlee Z-Zero in snow camo.

Anyway, moral of the story is probably that financial advice is probably best reserved when you actually know their financial situation, because let's face it, some people make a shit ton of money.
Touché! All in good fun.

RyanH

by RyanH

glepore wrote:Now I know what your Paceline handle is an acronym for :)
I wish, I asked them to switch it once I started actively using Paceline but never heard back. I made it ages ago I think to try to buy some Obemayers from Ryun. I was in a rush and couldn't come up with anything better than my initials.
Strava
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

RyanH

by RyanH

So, current weight is 6.1kg with the new wheels. I'm still skittish on descents after my crash so I don't have a full feel for these wheels but my preliminary take is that these are the goldilocks wheels I've been looking for: superb braking (with 9100 brakes), uber comfortable while retaining that sense of speed (like gliding over ice) that the deeper wheels have and the added bonus of being relatively light.

Here's the current build list:

As she stands at the moment:

Strava

Wingnut

by Wingnut

A nicely balanced bike...
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

muffinman

by muffinman

Goddamn your house is nice

RyanH

by RyanH

Fred, you know I can delete right?
Strava

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

RyanH wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm
I believe I have mentioned it in this thread but I keep track of my personal finances through mint.com where everything is tracked down to the cent. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have a personal shopping budget that I'd consider is pretty low in relation to my post tax income (we're talking low single digit percentage).
I'm biased b/c I work for Mint's parent company and used to work for Mint, but YES it's a great way to manage finances. You can set savings goals for bigger expenses such as houses or things made by THM.

by Weenie

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ tibia in my future ;)