Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Haha, I know that exact corner. Sweidit turnout corner right?

rheosibal

by rheosibal

it's the fast and furious 15 corner, ricer heaven
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

#justLAthings

RyanH

by RyanH

So, my mileage has been down quite a bit over the past few months due to a work project. That project went into production last week so I rewarded myself with a group ride. About two miles into the ride I ended up having to head to the ER. We were going about 28mph when a friend hit a pothole and came barreling into me. That's about the last thing I remembered until I was on the grass. I suffered some memory loss and kept repeating the same questions for the first few minutes.

Wife came and then we headed to the ER. Got a CT scan and everything checked out fine, which I'm grateful for. I was pretty exhausted today and had trouble hobbling around.

I guess when I came into contact with my friend I rotated 90* and then smacked the pavement hard without rolling or sliding. My entire right side is beat up but not much road rash. They said I was still clipped in while on the ground, which explains why nothing was really harmed on the bike, just a small scuff on the berk saddle and a small scuff on the bar tape.

Since I couldn't ride today, I spent today cleaning my bike. I grabbed my Campy single pivot brakes from the closet, delogoed them and put them on. I also have the black Ti finishing kit from Toronto. So, overall, I think these look quite nice.

Weight is now 6,353g with Shimano rear skewer and KCNC front skewer.

KarlC

by KarlC

O man that's a bummer sorry to heard that, its good you and your bike are ok.

Looks like its time for a new kit tho.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Rapha has a free repair service. I'm going to send that stuff in just for kicks and giggles.

glepore

by glepore

Take care for a bit, a noggin knock like that takes more out of you than you might think. Have had a couple "real" concussions, and not to be messed. Fell off a horse last year a few days before the election and couldn't remember who Hillary's opponent was or why on earth an ambulance was waiting for me, or why my horse was missing.

OTOH, bike looks fine.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

RyanH

by RyanH

I think the most surprising thing is how fatigued I am. I asked a friend who crashed at track nationals during the Team TT if he experienced similar fatigue and he confirmed that it lasted for several days, if not a whole week.

I didn't wake until 9am this morning, did bike maintenance and then by 1pm was exhausted and had to take a nap. It's 7pm and I'm ready to sleep again.

stax

by stax

Glad to hear you are ok- always a worry when you come off.

I am a bit concerned you have concussion though, as it looks like you have put Enve pads on your new brakes...

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Yeah, as per above, take time and be sure you are ok. Don't want to have a momentary black out on the bike or behine the wheel. Glad to hear that all will be good.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

DOUG

by DOUG

Dang that sucks @RyanH. Get better soon, good to hear the bikes ok at least.

If it make you feel better, I sent my Rapha bibs off after a particularly nasty crash (3 days in hospital) earlier this year. The bibs were pretty torn up (I took off a lot of skin) and they just replaced a couple of panels, stitched up the holes and they're (almost) as good as new! Still my fav pair of shorts actually. The jersey was also supposed to be repaired but it was lost somewhere in their warehouse so they just replaced it with a brand new one. Cant really beat that for customer service! Well aside from not losing the jersey in the first place I guess but I'm not complaining.

Delorre

by Delorre

RyanH wrote:I think the most surprising thing is how fatigued I am. I asked a friend who crashed at track nationals during the Team TT if he experienced similar fatigue and he confirmed that it lasted for several days, if not a whole week.

I didn't wake until 9am this morning, did bike maintenance and then by 1pm was exhausted and had to take a nap. It's 7pm and I'm ready to sleep again.

Glad you are 'OK' after such a crash. But, even if you are OK, your body goes in recovery mode, and all the energy goes to that. I had 2 crashes this year within 3 weeks, the last one with a lot of road rash, and it took 2 weeks after the last one, until I felt really OK again ( apart from the healing of the skin that took way longer than that on some places). Take your time, give your body the rest it needs, it's the fastest way to recover!!

evan326

by evan326

Get well soon Ryan

RyanH

by RyanH

Thanks everyone.

I got a care package today from Clean39T. I've wanted a pair of these for awhile and since the Mavics have to go back (that's correct, PBK still hasn't finalized the return courier details) and I thought I had sold the Enve last week, I was in need of wheels asap and these fit the bill.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Clean39T

by Clean39T

RyanH wrote:Thanks everyone.

I got a care package today from Clean39T. I've wanted a pair of these for awhile and since the Mavics have to go back (that's correct, PBK still hasn't finalized the return courier details) and I thought I had sold the Enve last week, I was in need of wheels asap and these fit the bill.

ImageImageImageImageImage

I’m surprised at how light those are...and they look great! Lemme know how you like the ride. I’ve heard good things...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com