Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

I regretted getting rid of my last pair of Fibulas, so I had a saved search on the Bay for awhile. A pair pulled up a few days ago and I recognized the username as a fellow WW. A few days later, I got these in my possession, compliments of coppercook.

THM Fibula Brakes @ 143g (sadly, 3g heavier than my previous pair)

After carefully installing them, I ran into an issue:

My memory is fuzzy but I don't remember having clearance issues on the Siena, but then again I may have never run 28mm tires on it. This saddens me as I just put these 28mm Corsas on and I really like them. It's nice having 28s as an option. I'm conflicted about what to do. In the mean time, I went on a ride this morning to try to help ease the decision. I was hoping that Super Record brakes have spoiled me and I would feel that the Fibulas didn't stop well enough, but they did :?

7:00 am in Griffith Park

On the plus side, my bike is finally under 6kg, woohoo!

Denavelo

by Denavelo

That's the bummer about this wide trend... Brakes don't work. I had to sell my EE brakes due to the Enve 4.5 front rim measuring 26mm wide.

I'm a fan of the Corsa G tubular tires in 28mm for LA. Not as plush as veloflex, but I've been riding them for months, and not a single sign of wear and they roll stupid fast!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

I have the same issue and my tyres are 25mm. Got Carbons to go on so hopefully that will give a few mm clearance. Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Whenever I see your siena or this, I wonder if I made the right decision getting another carbon bike :noidea:

Great looking bike Ryan :thumbup:
Official cafe stop tester

RyanH

by RyanH

So, for now (ha!), the build is done. Just barely slid under the 6kg mark.

Full Spec List with Weights:

I delogo'd the stem and seatpost. In its daily configuration, will post some with the RZRs when I get back from my trip:

Inspire

by Inspire

Incredible build, as with all your builds! In comparison, my T3 came out to almost 8,400 grams (M frame, Ultegra, Deda Cockpit, Fulcrum Quattro wheels). This is such an inspiration to find ways to lose some weight for the climbs!

RyanH

by RyanH

Loving this bike. Definitely one of the best bikes I've owned, if not the best.

As some of you may have noticed, I've ditched power. OPI Spidering SL in 52/36 was 176g, dropping close to 150g, enough for the bike to stay sub-6kg without the RZRs.

I did manage to kill my first bottom bracket though. It seems Litespeed forgot to drill a drainage hole in addition to the Di2 exit port. I went to go disassemble and clean the SISL since I thought it was that. After spending a bunch of time cleaning off everything, removing copper paste etc...I went to go put the NDS arm back in and noticed the bearing didn't want to rotate. Fortunately I had a spare PF30 BB, so I popped out the NDS side, and out gushed Niagara Falls. That's very un-WW. Since the shell is a tube, I shouldn't have any issues with alignment, any suggestions for a light PF30 BB? Part of me wants to say eff it, just get CK, but if anyone knows of one that is just cups and good quality steel bearings with a sub 80g weight, I'm all ears.

Also, Extralite UltraBottom was crunchy. I took that out and somehow all of the grease was gone...It's an Enduro bearing so not sure why. I flushed it and repacked but I should probably replace it. Need to check the manual to see which bearing that is.

Lastly, avoid PowerCordz swift housing. It has a tendency to wear into other alloy parts while also being very prone to wear itself. Need to order another set of iLinks.

thedonnydino

by thedonnydino

I would have a look into having the bottom bracket tapped to accommodate a T47 bottom bracket. I have the enduro T47 Ceramix and it is fantastic.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Before I reinforced my BH ultralight Evo BB, I was going to order a C-Bear BB. I hear nothing but good things about them..

I swore the creaking was coming from my BB, only to learn it was the saddle rails and WW saddle guts..
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

jasonh

by jasonh

This is one of my favorite bikes on ww. I saw a T3 in the flesh recently, and it was a beauty.

RyanH

by RyanH

Got some new goods. Needed something a little wider. Took the lazy route and used 100 grit to take off the first layer. It was a lot quicker but not as clean as razer and 400 grit. I need to spend an hour or so cleaning up the scratch marks from the 100 grit.

Mmmm, raw carbon with a little aerospace 303

RyanH

by RyanH

Finally, they arrived! Time to class the girl up:

RyanH

by RyanH

I think that about does it:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

One of the nicest looking builds in the entire forum in my opinion. Everything on the bike just 'works' so well together from an aesthetic point of view, and I can only imagine that it rides damn well too. The Boras are a great addition.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

Perfection right there!