Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

you gotta re-do that tape dawg. put some lipstick on that pitbull.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jkzy

by jkzy

That blue strip on the stem really gives the bike some pop vs the understated decals

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Quarq bit the dust so I decided to splurge and get a SISl2 SRM. 130BCD SRM Spider is a porker @ 195g. The 110BCD is supposed to be around 121g.

SISL2 Arms @ 257g

109mm Spindle @ 65g

Crank arm bolts @ 14g

Arms and hardware @ 336g

Close up of soldering:

Cannondale MKv Chainring Bolts @ 6g:

Cannondale MKV 53t Chainring @ 91g:

Cannondale MKV 39T Chainring @ 32g:

124g for the pair, not bad!

SRM Si Spider 130 BCD @ 195g:

DS Assembled @ 330g:

Cannondale SISL2 SRM Complete @ 664g:

All assembled and ready to go:

RyanH

by RyanH

@juanmoretime, it's for a TT project which is in process (I need to update it though):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142122&p=1270546#p1270546

RyanH

by RyanH

Did some climbing around San Diego for the weekend:

mrgray

by mrgray

the SISL SRM looks awesome.

related to this discussion about whether or not you're a climber, i noticed tonight on a tweet from phil gaimon your name!

if not a climber then are you a very good puncheur?

Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

RyanH

by RyanH

Ah, that was a sad email to get. That effort hurt... A lot. My sub 10 minute power is my strong suit so a puncheur would be accurate. I was contemplating taking the KOM for myself yesterday while out on the tt bike since there was a light tail wind up the segment but I didn't feel like inducing that coughing up blood like sensation, and then I went home and saw that. The most amazing thing was that he averaged something like 500ish watts for the first minute and a half and then for 30s brought it up to 700w.

Delorre

by Delorre

Pretty amazing stuff!! You owned the KOM (out of >7000 attempts!! ) for a moment, that already means a lot, although it must have hurt to take it (and to loose it again...)

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote:Did some climbing around San Diego for the weekend:

Now your in my backyard, hope you enjoyed all San Diego had to offer.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Ya, it was a great time. Definitely only got a small taste though. Ran into some guys on Soledad on Friday that were going up 5 different ways so I joined them for a few of those then I split off to go try to best my Torrey Pines inside hill climb time (ya, brilliant idea after 40 miles and 4k of climbing so far). On Saturday I tried out Swamis. About 40 minutes into the ride I had to pee really badly and thought I had a full light cycle. Wrong. I watched them all ride away as I was mid-pee so I had to wait for the B group to pick me up. It's a really pretty route with a lot of short punchy rollers which suits me. I was planning on doing Palomar on Sunday but with the rain, my wife and I decided to head back up to LA early to avoid the traffic.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

how did you get the sisl to fit your bike? i thought that it was cannondale specific given the bb shell width sisl's require.

deltree

by deltree

Hollowgrams will fit any BB30 frame with the right spindle and spacers. Ryan's pics are missing a wavy washer and 5mm spacer (assuming the frame has a 68mm shell width). Newer Cannondale frames ditch the 5mm spacer as BB30a is 5mm wider to the non-drive side. Ryan have you considered the QC850 spindle to reduce the q-factor? Excellent build by the way, makes me want a Ti winter build so much.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Yeah I told him about it, but the Q-Factor is already 144mm and that would bring it down to 139mm with the other spindle, no point in doing that. It is however, a few grams lighter.

RyanH

by RyanH

Thanks for the compliments. I'm using the 109mm spindle with a 5mm spacer on DS and 4mm with wave washer on the nds. Due to an ITB injury in 2014, tightening up the Q factor on the nds causes the issue to flare up again so I'm happy with the current Q factor.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

2015 Campy Super Record is like the highschool sweetheart that gained a little weight in college and then once married, put on a few more pounds :cry: Had to actually put on some alloy bolts to keep the weight gain under control...

Replaced cable pinch bolt, limit screws and braze on mounting bolt with alloy:

Replaced limit screws with aluminum hex:

Sigh...2014 Chorus FD:

RD got a lot beefier looking (old on top):

Shifters @ +13g over old:

I did a 20 mile test ride last night and a 30 mile ride this morning. The RD shifting action requires more force, but it seems to work well within the limits of what iLinks provides. The FD works very well. Not sure if S2 was necessary but I got it just in case. I think the levers feel a little fuller, kinda similar to the change for SRAM to their eTap levers but still much more slender.