Basso Diamante EPS Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Boston

by Boston

Cheers guys, Not too keen on swapping to carbon bars but will have a look around. In regards to proportions of bike, Iv seen a lot worse proportions to this a lot of people have heaps more saddle to bar drop than this and lets face it, low is pro.

tbrix

by tbrix

Looks amazing. Well done. Great to see another Diamante on here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WTNZ

by WTNZ

Seems legit

jerbax18

by jerbax18

Great build! can you tell me how tall are you? and whats your saddle height BB-saddle. Thanks

bencolem

by bencolem

Bike looks killer but the weight seems super high to me. That frame and seat post must weigh like a brick. I have the same wheels on my Emonda (actually weighed 1,010grams) and my (size 58) is 700 grams lighter than yours overall? I'd expect yours to be much lighter. Still, does look awesome!

Wookski

by Wookski

BRM wrote:The bike is out of balance because expected proportions are over a limit, what don't you understand here?

The bike looks pro, proportions are nice and aggressive. Do you always say the same thing twice, expecting a different response?

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Wookski wrote:The bike looks pro, proportions are nice and aggressive. Do you always say the same thing twice, expecting a different response?

for the everywhere-popular "pro-look", the saddle is positioned much too far forward (frame has a 75° sa!)
i either am not the biggest fan of those excessively-deep front sections (and i barely see real pro-bikes being adjusted like that), nevertheless all in all very nice bike, out of question.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I really don't like "slammed" bikes or the mentality but I do like the look of the Basso stems and this bike in general... :thumbup:
Last edited by Wingnut on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durisic

by Durisic

wow!! fantastic combination. :thumbup:

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Wingnut wrote:I really don't like "slammed" bikes or the mentality but I do like the look of the Basso stems and this bike in general... :thumbup:

I gotta ask, what's the slammed stem "mentality"? For me it's a fit requirement.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

It's a generalisation...while I agree that there are those that may feel they require it, there are still many who feel it's the only way...

TimW

by TimW

Nice bike and build.