Ridley Helium SL TDF Retro Edition (2015)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bely

by Bely

[emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

lego

by lego

Thanks guys!

Now I know why i damaged the teflon liners with the cable guide, I should have installed the liners in the guide before mounting the crankset, I guess it gets stuck between the crank axle and the cable guide in some angles. Ordered a couple of meters of new i-link teflon liners yesterday so hopefully I can redo it next week.

Still waiting for the pivot sleeve for the rear derailleur though and I guess it will arrive monday or tuesday.

Fitted the Campagnolo Bullets on the bike yesterday as well.
Cheers!
- Jon Olsson - SHCK - We're only here for the beer/gear!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

:thumbup: That looks great!! I thought I had a big drop :shock:

lego

by lego

I guess the carbon voters won cause getting the Rapha bidon out of the titanium cages was impossible [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Cheers!

lego

by lego

Came across a Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow saddle a few days ago. Always wanted to try this saddle and when I found a used (looks new) one for 90 eur it wasn't much to think about. Fitted it today and I think it will suit me nicely.

Recieved the pivot sleeve today and think I will try to change it tomorrow. I was told that you have to use some Campy specialtool but I think I have a solution for that.

Also, wheels... Can't make up my mind what wheelset I want. These last few days I've been thinking more and more about some low profile aluminum ones. But always wanted a Bora wheelset, not really sure if that's what this retro design frameset wants though. Help please? [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Cheers!

arthurf

by arthurf

Bora 35 on this frame look amazing, search for photos of Adam Hansen or Thomas de Gendts bike and you will be sold!

Congrats on a fabulous build :D

lego

by lego

arthurf wrote:Bora 35 on this frame look amazing, search for photos of Adam Hansen or Thomas de Gendts bike and you will be sold!

Congrats on a fabulous build :D

Thanks again! I hope you will find your future Helium nice ;)

Yeah, the Bora 35 suits the retro-frameset better than the 50s but then I heard someone that meant that if you're not a superlight guy (below 70 kg or so) you could benefit more from the 50s because of the added stiffness.

The thing about a quality aluminium wheelset is that I don't have to change brakepads all the time between wheelsets. And I think it looks a bit more retro than the carbon wheels.

Maybe you're right, Bora's a wet dream and as the frameset says; ride your dream... ;) Maybe that's a sign ;)
Cheers!

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Boras!

But if going alu, please choose some hand build ones. Some HED Belgiums could for example be pretty cool.

lego

by lego

Maybe I should go for the Bora 35's for now and then try to build a wheelset myself and get a second wheelset that could be used on gravel-rides and cobbles (going to ride de Ronde next year again) ;)

Today I changed the pivot sleeve and I think I got it right, let's see for how long it holds up ;)

Then I got to try the bike out for a hour or two (strava or it didn't happen, right?) and it felt great. Not much to complain about really, didn't have the time to put on bar tape but that wasn't necessary when just taking it for a quick spin. The drop wont be a problem as it feels right now, but the reach (pictures below) is another story and I guess they depends on each other.

The weight? On me, too much right now ;) And the bike? Don't know yet, will take it down to the shop and use their scales when I've wrapped the bars.
Cheers!

mrgray

by mrgray

bora 50's would look crazy great on this beautiful frame. and second hand i find the ultras very affordable.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

phlip

by phlip

Boras are boring. Your aluminium brake track Bullets are less common and come with the benefit of excellent braking in all conditions.

The colours of the frame, of your shoes, jersey and helmet, the tanwalls above the alu.. all looks splendid together! Boras pretty much unnecessary.

lego

by lego

Thanks guys, I'll hade to take some time thinking about wheelset. The bullets will do just fine for now, there's not much road riding left here anyhow :\

Today I rerouted the internal wires again, had to remove the crankset to get it right, but noticed that the cable guide below the bottombracket actually wont suit the hole as it should. The bottombracket is to wide and hits the cable guide, but after some swearing I got it all right I hope. :)

Wrapped the bar with Supacaz tape and took it out for a spin, met a few fast guys and got some intervaltraining when chasing them down. The bike feels fast, I have to say! (strava)

Cheers!

lego

by lego

Bought a new 110 mm -8° stem and tried it out today, now I think the position is almost perfect. Maybe I could need to get the saddle a bit more forward, but the seatpost won't allow that. I bought the seatpost with my other saddle in mind and that saddle seems to have the rails in another position. So either I buy a zero setback seatpost or I change back to my old SLR carbonio. I have to test a bit more before deciding...
Cheers!

lego

by lego

autumn is here... and soon the snow
Cheers!

lego

by lego

Changed the seatpost to a zero setback one.

Then I bought another Ridley, a Fenix SL with Ultegra. But I already bought a Campagnolo Record 11 groupset that will be fitted next week or so.
Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com