2016 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD eTAP

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Wull

by Wull

cooper wrote:
rmr40 wrote:Noticed you have fitted a wheels manufacturing BB - did you have issues with creaking before this?

No creaking, just a fair amount of drag. I got the wheel mfg BB with ceramic bearings. Between the better bearings and the improved alignment there is a lot less drag.

I have what I believe to be std BB on my dale and the drag is u real, especially in comparison to my TT bike which is running external BB cups GXP. Something I'll need to address.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Did you order the bb direct from wheels manufacturing? Thinking of dropping one into my Supersix too.

cooper

by cooper

burglarboycie wrote:Did you order the bb direct from wheels manufacturing? Thinking of dropping one into my Supersix too.

Yes. They also sell BB tools if you need those to remove your stock BB or install the new one.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks. Are you in the US?

cooper

by cooper

burglarboycie wrote:Thanks. Are you in the US?

Yes. Looks like I should add that to my profile.

nbon

by nbon

just wondering about the bb: Bottom Bracket: Wheels Manufacturing PF30 Threaded - 104g

Does it work with the BB30a frame out of the box? Or is there any additional work needed to install a PF30 in a BB30a frame? Did you make any change to the original SISL2 crankset to make it work with the PF30 bb (maybe spindle length)? What is the exact name of the bb you ordered?

Thx!

cooper

by cooper

nbon wrote:just wondering about the bb: Bottom Bracket: Wheels Manufacturing PF30 Threaded - 104g

Does it work with the BB30a frame out of the box? Or is there any additional work needed to install a PF30 in a BB30a frame? Did you make any change to the original SISL2 crankset to make it work with the PF30 bb (maybe spindle length)? What is the exact name of the bb you ordered?

Thx!

The 2016 HiMod is not BB30a. Cannondale confuses things with their terminology. On the website currently they call it Pressfit BB30a. The plastic cups are simply pressed into the frame and there aren't any "clips" like BB30, so PF30 works just fine.

The Wheels Manufacturing PF30 Threaded BB installed just fine straight out of the box. You will also need the 48.5mm wrenches listed under "required tools" to thread it together (and an extractor if you need to get your old cups out).

Here's a link to the exact BB I installed in my 2016 HiMod PF30 THREADED ZERØ CERAMIC BB (BLACK) Any of the bearing options would work though.

As for installation of the crank, I didn't make any changes when I originally installed my crank (had Dura Ace mechanical at the time), but with Red eTap I added a thin spacer shim to add clearance to the eTap front derailleur. Otherwise, no hardware changes, stock spindle worked just fine.

nbon

by nbon

Thank you very much. Now everything is clear. BTW: the bike looks awesome, well done!

JDEves

by JDEves

Beautiful build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skylark

by Skylark

November. Echo. Alpha. Tango.

nonamed

by nonamed

cooper wrote:
dudemanppl wrote:I wouldn't bother with SiSL2 arms, they have a tendency to crack. My friend might have a 170mm BB30 Red 110 BCD crankset for sale? He had Extralite RC2 rings on it and it was a 453g combo.

That combination is very appealing from a weight perspective. If I did it though I'd be looking for 172.5mm How's the front shifting with the RC2 rings?

While I am very much a fan of the SpiderRing aesthetics, seeing periodic reports of cracking of the SiSL2 does give me a bit of pause about going in that direction.

What would be the weight saving when replacing SI crankarms for SISL2? Do You know weight difference?

cooper

by cooper

nonamed wrote:What would be the weight saving when replacing SI crankarms for SISL2? Do You know weight difference?

My Si crankarms were 162 grams (NDS) and 172g (drive side)
From what I've seen the SiSL2 crankarms are ~124 grams each. (an SiSL2 complete crank setup is 484 grams IIRC)
So total savings from the crankarms would be on the order of 80-85 grams.

That said the SRAM RED crank arms with the Extralite RC2 rings will be lighter (mine came in at 456 grams total with 172.5mm crank arms)

cooper

by cooper

Updates
  • Weight 6.105 kg / 13.43 lbs (down ~135g since the initial post)
  • Crankset: 172.5mm SRAM RED crank arms and Extralite 50/34 RC2 chainrings (456g total)
  • Tires: 700x23mm Michelin Power Competition Tires: 393g
  • Garmin Mount: K-edge Combo: 50g

Attachments
himod_red_crank.jpg
Last edited by cooper on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cooper

by cooper

For lobular: on my SAVE Seatpost, the S, A, and most of the V are visible (52 cm frame with 28" from center of the BB to top of the saddle as you follow the seat tube)

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Nice cranks. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com