by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

godzuki26 wrote:Ummmm my wife read my posts. She is pissed off at me. I am in the dog house now. But she really is horrible at cycling. I cannot lie to the Weight Weenie members. The funny thing is she feels she does not suck.

We are riding this weekend. I will let you all know how she does. If we get passed by people that shouldn't be passing us then she sucks.

OH NO - busted.

Well, she'll just have to prove you wrong. I feel guilty about how hard I am laughing at this whole thing.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

evan326

by evan326

This thread hasn't disappointed yet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Build's pretty much finished but the thread keeps delivering gold!

Good luck with the riding though, some time and some laughs and hopefully it all works out. :beerchug:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok... at this point I'm not really sure if you're being completely serious or purposely funny. At one point I was convinced you were being purposefully funny, and it was hilarious. Then when you wanted to leave her for dead after falling down in the street, I kind of cringed and thought... really? But now... I don't really care if you're serious or being funny. Because it makes me laugh, regardless. My interest lies somewhere between not being able to look away from the train wreck, and anxiously wanting to turn the page in a fine novel. Oh, and I seem to remember something about a bike build in here too... :noidea:
Last edited by Calnago on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Calnago wrote:Ok... at this point I'm not really sure if you're being completely serious or purposely funny. At one point I was convinced you were being purposefully funny, and it was hilarious. Then when you wanted to leave her for dead after falling down in the street, I kind of cringed and thought... really? But now... I don't really care if you're serious or being funny. Because it makes me laugh, regardless. My interested lies somewhere between not being able to look away from the train wreck, and anxiously wanting to turn the page in a fine novel. Oh, and I seem to remember something about a bike build in here too... :noidea:

I'm in the same boat. hahahaha

Stormtrooper

by Stormtrooper

How bout a lightweight tandem bike? You get your workout and she gets used to riding fast.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha... the thing with tandems is they don't affect the ultimate outcome of any relationship, they just speed the process along a little, or a lot. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I was super impressed with 4ibanez's Tiso front derailleur that I had to get one and tune one myself. 46 grams will be very difficult to attain without fabricating a carbon back plate as 4ibanez's. My goal was to get below the 53 grams of the BTP tuned Campagnolo QS front derailleur that I abandoned on this build. I made holes and removed material throughout the aluminum body. I also had to remove the black anodization because of the material removal. I think it looks kind of cool in all silver. I also used a titanium spoke to make a titanium spring to replace the steel spring. I have a Fibrelyte front plate on order which should dip me below 50 grams. I also plan to replace the steel pins with carbon pins. I will attempt to make the pins out of carbon 4mm rods I purchased.

To start here is the derailleur at a respectable 63 grams.

Next is to take the derailleur apart and remove all the black anodizing.

Next go to Home Depot and find something with the same diameter as the original spring I intend to replace.

Next is the fun part. Throw it on a vice and bend the titanium spoke to make the Ti spring.

Here is the weight of the original spring.

Here is the weight of the whole titanium spoke.

Wahoo!!! I saved 2 grams and I have a cool purple accent color. Old school.

I dremeled huge oval cut outs here.

I made some holes on this side too.

I made 2 more holes on the underside.

Some more nice holes on the sides I made. I also carved out some material from the back plate.

52 grams, so I made my goal of being under 53 grams.

The 53 gram BTP derailleur I was chasing.

I beat the Sram Red.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

:thumbup:
Awesome as always! See if you can find a lighter washer for the hangar like I did.
Edit: looks like you found a very slim black washer.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

So cool!!

AUOC1OC6

by AUOC1OC6

Goodness gracious me! :shock: The relentless pursuit of WW perfection. It's a bit OTT for me but I admire the commitment. :thumbup:
AUOC1OC6
--------------------
AX Lightness Vial Evo D http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138599
Corima Puma
Giant MCR 2 (retired)
Trek Y Glide Deluxe MTB

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Thanks for the compliments. It looks like the backplate is the key to shedding the most weight. As mentioned, Fibrelyte only makes the front plate. I found an online seller named DragonPlate that sells 4mm think carbon plates. I wonder if I can carve my own out of it? We will have to see.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Don't spend crazy money on a dragon plate. I can make a plate any thickness you want and we can carve it to shape. Just let me know
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com