Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

She is not allowed to run spacers under the stem. It must look good. It must be slammed. She does Yoga and Crossfit so she is getting into a pro position whether she likes it or not. Lol. She thinks cycling is easy. She needs to be schooled.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I sort of love you now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

lol
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

This must be the best way to keep up the passion in a marriage. Awesome idea! [emoji1]

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You and your wife ride the same size bike, don't you.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

lw11

by lw11

#relationshipgoals

subscribed

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Best thread in ages
Using Tapatalk

mrgray

by mrgray

+1
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

AUOC1OC6

by AUOC1OC6

Nefarious86 wrote:Best thread in ages

Top thread. I will be reading this with great interest. All of us can learn from Godzuki26. If you can't beat them, get them to join in! Lol :D
AUOC1OC6
--------------------
AX Lightness Vial Evo D http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138599
Corima Puma
Giant MCR 2 (retired)
Trek Y Glide Deluxe MTB

AUOC1OC6

by AUOC1OC6

godzuki26 wrote:@AUOC1OC6 - You understand my agenda. I can get 5 sets of Reynolds RZR 92s for the price of 1 Hermes bag. I am trying to push her interest towards stuff I like. Wish me luck. The good thing is she likes black on black. I showed her a pick of Nifty's Cannondale Evo and she likes it. She also liked Prendrefeau's stoked bike but mentioned that it will be difficult to match bike clothes to pink accents.....Lol.

For me, one croc birkin = 10 set of LW Obermayers or a new stable of Look, Speedvagen, C60 and Parlee. Build her a stealth black WW to match with any accoutrements she desired like Hepburn's little black dress.. Versatile and can match with any outfits.

I will be reading this thread with great enthusiasm! It will be fantastic to hear your wife's actual feedback on your efforts! Nice one!
AUOC1OC6
--------------------
AX Lightness Vial Evo D http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138599
Corima Puma
Giant MCR 2 (retired)
Trek Y Glide Deluxe MTB

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

godzuki26 wrote:Does anybody have experience with SMUD? Are they still in business? I sent an email requesting a seatpost and 30mm seatpost clamp and have not heard anything back in over 2 weeks.

Also, what is a good saddle for a female? I was thinking a DASH P3.

Here's the one area you do not go WW or high end unless it works for her if you are serious about getting her into cycling. My wife ended up liking her 40 dollar Bontrager WSD more then all the carbon 100 something gram saddles I tossed at her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

godzuki26

by godzuki26

It is always hard to scuff up a perfect paint job but once you get going on the sanding it is hard to stop. I am making decent progress. I started at the head tube and am working down the top tube. I am guessing bare weight when finished will be around 670 to 680 grams for the frame set. I don't like the way Cannondale uses rivets to attach the front derailleur hanger. It is going to get in the way of my sanding.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Can anyone please tell me what that the pinkish color spots are? I noticed the exact same color when I sanded down my Scott Addict. At first I thought it was specific to the Scott but I guess not. I assume the lighter gray material is the filler......so I am confused as to what the red may be. Thanks!

ImageFelt AR FRD

xena
Banned

by xena

Your at it again :thumbup:
Are you sure the pink cannot be sanded off? I cant see it being filler considering where it is. It surely must be a undercoat reaction of some kind. I'm sure Kevin would know. It does look like marks I had on my trek and I sanded them off.

Anyway what a great build this is going to be and no doubt this is going to be uber light. Once you start you can't stop. Brilliant.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

KarlC

by KarlC

Love the look of Naked Carbon..... keep at it !
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com