Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

Dr.Dos wrote:Except for both funky saddles, probably the only good looking truely light bikes ever.

+100
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Nice happy matching couple. From a distance they look like open mold Chinese frames. One of the guys that saw the bike said "I'm sorry dude, that's not a real Cannondale...Did you get it in China?" :noidea:

I am looking forward to taking the bikes out for a coffee spin session once the weather gets better out here. It is BATMAN and BATGIRL. Nobody likes the P3 Saddle so now I want her to hate it so that I can put it back on my Fixie. I should do a different thread on weight weenie saddle options for women.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Isn't it fun to think that your 2 bikes together is lighter than 90% of the bikes at the same cafe [emoji1]

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I think its the post that makes the p3 look awkward more than the saddle itself.
Using Tapatalk

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Haha "its not a real Cannondale" :) thats funny

peted76

by peted76

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing the expertise and the journey to make this bike.. months of time and interest from people all over the world commenting and encouraging...

...Now we all are just waiting to see if she likes riding bikes.... (!!??)

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Amazing bikes!

Thanks for all the good reading, pics and information in this thread.

And that "not a real Cannondale" comment is too funny, I hope you acted surprised as if you had no idea and asked him how he knew and so on... :roll:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Any issues installing the Lightning crankset?

metalplease

by metalplease

I just sat and read this from first page to last (so far). Super job, amazing what can be done with imagination and guts...Well Done, from across the Pond ! :thumbup:

sussexhills

by sussexhills

Great build thanks for the time taken to document everything. Just spent the last hour reading the whole thread.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@dereksmalls - The install of the Lightning cranks was quick and simple. No issues at all. I did use the Lightning PF30 Bottom Bracket. I am not sure how other branded PF30 Bottom Brackets will work with the Lightning crank.

Thank you everyone for taking an interest in this thread. The bike has not seen ride time yet but hopefully this weekend. It was fun to post all the details of the build process. It is also a good way for me to log all the weights which I typically forget within a couple of months. I remember building a Weight Weenie mountain bike. After I was done, I knew every detail about the bike down to the last bolt. Today, I don't remember anything about the bike. Also, when a 90 year old man ran me over with his Tesla a couple years ago, it was very difficult for me to itemize the destroyed bike and all it's parts to the insurance company. Now, I have convenient links to some of my stable. I am also sure that if the bike was to get stolen, maybe someone from the Weight Weenie community would recognize it and contact me :beerchug:

Some changes I foresee in the future are as follows:

1. There is a chance my wife will feel stretched out and I may need to replace the setback seat post. I never heard of Darimo until Octave told me about it. I may give that a try. I can also save 20 or more grams.

2. She will hate the BTP hoods because they are thin with no cushion. I will use OEM rubber hoods. Adds 20 grams back.

3. The Tesa tape will also feel uncomfortable for her and I will need to replace it with a nice cork tape for road dampening. Add another 20 grams back.

4. The DASH P3 saddle may not work. I may have to switch her over to something padded with female dimensions. Who knows what this may add. A typical chick saddle is 200 grams or more. So add maybe another 160 grams!! Hopefully she adapts to some of my other lighter options to keep weight gain to 30 grams or less. We'll see.

5. The KCNC titanium brake cables were a bust and I probably gained another 20 grams back with steel cables. Maybe I can give PowerCordz another try?
Last edited by godzuki26 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Kayrehn - I received the Mattias Hellore PowerCordz adapters in the mail today. Thank you very much sir!

I see some weight saving potential here. The titanium hardware weighs around 8 grams. The Mattias Hellore adapters weight 4 grams. This is lighter than the BTP adapters I have. PowerCordz sucked so far when I tried this on my Litespeed but I want to give it another try. Here are the weights.

Mattias Hellore PowerCordz clamping bolts

BTP PowerCordz clamping bolts

Original titanium Ax lightness hardware

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

If you do try Powercordz, the one thing I learned from my expensive lesson with them is that extend liners past any cable stops. Mine frayed on the cable stop one day in.

ak47

by ak47

@godzuki26 could you post a link to your BH topic?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com