Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

One thing I have noticed when seeing females ride (aside from checking out their legs and bootys) is that they like to scoot back on the saddle having the nose of the saddle stick way out front. It almost seems like they like to put all their weight on the tail of the saddle. This might by a female anatomy type of thing. Who knows. To combat this, I have an extra DASH P3 saddle which is a snub nose saddle. It is light as heck and also has a wider tail section compared to the other saddles. I will have her try this out too. I have a feeling this may be the winner......but who knows, I am not a female.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

Maybe I'm just lucky, or you need to put your wife to work in fashion where they are underpaid and overworked. My wife wakes up at 5am every day and 6am on the weekend BUT, on the weekend, she normally checks emails, eats breakfast then goes back to sleep, walks the dog then runs for an hour or hour and a half and then takes an hour to get ready. Earliest she'll be ready is 11:30.

I can understand Santiago Canyon and PCH but that pretty much rules out most of Orange County riding unless you do the Como St ride. Stop crashing?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

My face is attracted to the Tarmac. I am also not allowed on the 133/Laguna Canyon Rd where some asshole ran me over and left me for dead. My crashes are always at speeds over 30mph so every time I hit the floor I got injured. Being into BMX back in the eighties I feel like my handling skills are decent......soooooo bad luck maybe or I just don't do a very good job being aware of my surroundings :noidea: I really do miss those days of riding all day and eating whatever I wanted.

My wife doesn't work and we don't have children. So it makes it much harder to have her preoccupied while I ride. If I can get her to work a part time job on the weekends then I can hit the road again :thumbup:

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Kevosinn - is it possible to bond the seatpost to the frame and make it an ISP? Also, could I take a Schmolke TLO seatpost and cut it down before having it bonded? The TLO seatpost is a 320mm and I want to cut it down to 250mm or less. The only problem is the varying wall thickness issue. If you bond the seatpost to the frame then being outside the clamping zone on the seatpost should not matter right? I think an ISP Evo would be cool!

ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

godzuki26 wrote:@Kevosinn - is it possible to bond the seatpost to the frame and make it an ISP? Also, could I take a Schmolke TLO seatpost and cut it down before having it bonded? The TLO seatpost is a 320mm and I want to cut it down to 250mm or less. The only problem is the varying wall thickness issue. If you bond the seatpost to the frame then being outside the clamping zone on the seatpost should not matter right? I think an ISP Evo would be cool!

Yes we could do that 100 percent. I would bond then reinforce the area with some carbon so there will be no issues with the post.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Bounding the seatpost with the frame is nice. I made it at my bike as well and it weighs a few grams less than with a clamp and looks much cleaner

Image_K__5092 by Philipp Klement, on Flickr

xena
Banned

by xena

I was inspired by Fuchs bike .

http://imgur.com/hL5v3ai
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

4151zero

by 4151zero

That is beautiful!

AZR3

by AZR3

This thread is awesome, love the attention to detail and shaving weight in all areas. I want that dash saddle too, always wanted to try one of those (love my power saddle which is the closest I'll get to the P.3)

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Did you see what Don Becker did with his Schmolke seatpost and Dash P3? It is crazy cool what tuning he did. I want to join the Uber Weenie club with Xena and Fuchspk so I am praying my wife will love riding and want the modification down the road. Kevosinn can pull it off so I am happy I have someone local to help me.

ImageFelt AR FRD

xena
Banned

by xena

godzuki26 wrote:Did you see what Don Becker did with his Schmolke seatpost and Dash P3? It is crazy cool what tuning he did. I want to join the Uber Weenie club with Xena and Fuchspk so I am praying my wife will love riding and want the modification down the road. Kevosinn can pull it off so I am happy I have someone local to help me.

Your bikes are Uber Weenie . You have given this site a great boost and some fantastic posts.
I'm a big fan :thumbup:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

godzuki26 wrote:Did you see what Don Becker did with his Schmolke seatpost and Dash P3? It is crazy cool what tuning he did. I want to join the Uber Weenie club with Xena and Fuchspk so I am praying my wife will love riding and want the modification down the road. Kevosinn can pull it off so I am happy I have someone local to help me.

Do you got a link to his tuning?

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I want to lighten up the headset for this build while I wait for my frame to be clear coated. I have not seen anybody use an Extralite headset for the Cannondale Evo. For now, I just want to replace the upper assembly because when I tried to use an Extralite headset for the bottom assembly on my BH Ultralight there was too much play. So I will start with the top. There is some decent weight to be saved here. The Cannondale came with a Tange Seiki 41.8mm bearing with a rather heavy dust cap.

The question most people would have is which Extralite Ultratop to get. I got tons of questions on this when I built my BH. The Ultratop 41 or the Ultratop 42. Extralite's website reads the following:

type: UltraTop 41
tolerance: 41.10-41.20mm
SHIS: ZS41/28.6

or

type: UltraTop 42
tolerance: 41.95-42.05mm
SHIS: ZS42/28.6

So based on those measurements for the Cannondale Evo, I placed an order for the UltraTop 42. I will weigh it once I get it shipped to my house.
Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD