Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I love it when I see updates to this topic!! It's really starting to come together now. That seatpost clamp looks frighteningly flimsy! I'm sure it'll hold up for this build though. I'd consider changing the stock clamp on my Supersix but would maybe want something slightly more substantial. Any thoughts on wheels for the build yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@burglarboycie/AZR3 - yes I do agree that the Tune seat clamp looks weak. In fact, when buying a seatclamp for my Litespeed Ghisallo I had to make a decision. I chose the Carbonice EVA 2.0 clamp over the Tune because it resembled the MCFK Sub 5 clamp I used on my BH with zero slippage. I cannot test the Tune clamp on the frame at the moment but I will let you guys know how secure it binds the post down on my 100 lb wife.

Ahhhh what wheelset? My wife requested high profile wheels because she thinks they look cool. She was pointing at 90mm depth wheels. She does not understand the effects of crosswinds or slower acceleration over a low profile wheel. I am certain that she will hate learning on an aero wheel. I was thinking about Reynolds RZR 92s, Ax Lightness Stream 90s, or Lightweight Fernwegs. All stuff I want.

"Hey baby if you don't like the wheels then I guess I will have to use them then" :beerchug:
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Fernwegs all the way then haha and a pair of 2.2 rims on Cyber hubs for when she disslikes them?
Using Tapatalk

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

+1 on lightweights
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

mrgray

by mrgray

What a great opportunity to get the fernwegs. Don't miss it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

godzuki26

by godzuki26

So it seems that Tune is no longer producing the carbon shifter clamps. They are going to make titanium shifter clamps instead. You can still get the carbon clamps from Schmolke, but they do not come with screws/bolts to hold the clamps onto the handlebar. At 6 grams for carbon hoops vs 25 grams for the steel ones there is decent weight to be saved.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The steel screws that come with the SRAM Red clamps weigh a porky 7 grams. I would rather not use these so I replaced them with aluminum recessed brake nuts to cut the weight down by 5 grams.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

So, in the end the clamps went from 32 grams to 9 grams. Decent weight savings with no real effort.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

@godzuki26@ Try to tell you wife (but very gently),that,if she will put on this bike high profile wheelset,you will divorce with her.Easy:):)

mrgray

by mrgray

@bikemanjack - i don't get this. are you saying deep wheels would be bad? because if so that's wrong. clearly they would look sick and anyway, excuse to buy fernwegs which then get blown about which then end up on godzuki's bike. which is perfect. :D
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

My point is,that this type of bike,where everyhing (even rider:)) is light and thin,will look different with deep profile heavy look wheels. Mirror look have Spec Shiv comp in stock configuration.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Don't look particularly heavy to me ;)

And if she doesn't like them then a nice set of 2.2/cyber etc wheels would be a perfect backup option on the days the wife doesnt want to ride as well it's all about the long game :D

Probably a filthy question and I will be Washing my mouth out later, clinchers till she learns to avoid debris?
Using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

Tubs + sealant + Uber is going to be a lot more wife friendly than fixing a clincher.

xena
Banned

by xena

I tend to think that deep wheels look better on aero style bikes . WW bikes IMO look better with shallow wheels.
I'd go for silver rims and Veloflex gumwall tyres. Its a classic WW look .
Kinlin xr200 rims and go from there.

Love what you did with the clamps, That was very clever using the brake nuts.
I salute you. True weeny style.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The wife does yoga remember, and is very fit. She will ride the slammed stem and she will muscle those tubulars on the rim herself. Given what we know I'm surprised the question even came up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ