Godzuki26 Wife's Cannondale Evo HiMod 48cm build [3.96 kg] or [8.73 lbs]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Amazing dremel work. Let us know how it shifts.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I received the Fibrelyte front plate. The carbon throws off the whole metal look that I was digging. But, I was able to save an additional 2 grams. I think I can get this thing down to sub 40 grams with the carbon back plate.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

How this part look?? If it's a "pipe" ,you could made it from carbon,and meybe add there nylon bolt,or alu.
Attachments
IMG_1071_zps0ij1i7ek.jpg

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I wouldn't go nylon because of possible flex/weakness - but a carbon bolt could work for all 3 bolts on the front. Also you could go carbon for the cable clamp and hangar bolts if you're going for the absolute lightest possible.

You're definitely getting this close to 35g - insane!
:beerchug:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@ Bikemaniack - yes that little piece is a 5mm diameter aluminum rod. The same place I ordered my 4mm rods also sells 5mm rods. I can cut out a piece and thread it. Maybe I can save .5 grams doing this.

@4ibanez - For the 3 bolts in the front I already ordered some anodized purple aluminum bolts which should total a 1 gram increase. I am not sure how the Polycarbonate bolts will hold up. The only good thing is the 3 holes have very long threads which allowed me to use extra long bolts with extra threads. I tried ripping the cage off using brute force and they stayed intact...but I still feel sketchy about plastic bolts. I cannot find a store to buy carbon bolts at that tiny size. Did you contact Schmolke directly?

ImageFelt AR FRD

poynt

by poynt

I guess the only way to loose more weight is to go ful carbon like one of Kai's masterpieces, although suprised he didn't use carbon or poly bolts.

Image Image Image

sorry for taking it a little OT, but I was trying to get a diirect mount or even a 4h 76bcd ring made and Fibre-lyte haven't been too helpful. Would it be ok to have a ring with threaded bolt holes, ala XX1 style or would it be better to have say alu threaded inserts glued in for the bolts or would the carbon be strong enough on it's own. A dm ring surely would be lightest. Alu ones are 57g+ and a carbon spider is 14g and surely a 67bcd ring must be 28g or less in carbon.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

Very cool derailleur, but how's your wife doing with riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

No, just assumed Schmolke did them. Come to think of it M3 might be the smallest they do. Again I'm sure Matthias made carbon bolts too, so perhaps something custom from him.
Never seen that 26g FD before that's another level! I'm happy with to be under 50g!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I would love to do something like that titanium spring for my super record FD, just need a to spoke. Got any spare?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:Next is the fun part. Throw it on a vice and bend the titanium spoke to make the Ti spring.

How do you know that a custom spring has correct spring rate? Or did you simply go for similar shape and made sure derailleur works OK with it?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Klaster1 wrote:
godzuki26 wrote:Next is the fun part. Throw it on a vice and bend the titanium spoke to make the Ti spring.

How do you know that a custom spring has correct spring rate? Or did you simply go for similar shape and made sure derailleur works OK with it?

if there's one thing I've learned from this thread, its that for Godzuki, function follows weight. I don't agree with it, but I definitely admire his dedication to this goal and its incredible to see what he's done.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I recently noticed that many people's threads are ruined due to PhotoBucket's new terms of service. I guess they had to do this to stay profitable. It was a pain in the ass repairing all the 3rd party image hosting on this site. It took me like 2 hours to migrate the photos and then re create the links on all the pages for this thread alone.

On another note:

My wife wants to go Aero :mrgreen: . So here is a Felt AR FRD in size 48cm. Should I decide to go Weight Weenie on this, I will create it's own dedicated thread :beerchug:

ImageFelt AR FRD

rheosibal

by rheosibal

is it cool to call dibs if it doesn't fit her/she doesn't like it?
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I hope she doesn't have any fillings..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

Has your wife taken to cycling now? How is she progressing?
----
No longer in the industry