2016 Cannondale SuperSix Evo HiMod 50cm 5.5kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Update 4:

I contacted the guy who bought it 4 years ago and he still had it, I got the thing back because its my fav frame ever. Then I figured I should hoard them cause they'll probable get hard to find in the future so I mailed some guy some money and got another frame. I then spent like 20 hours refinishing the frame and lost 100g. Ta da! I can go lighter, but don't really want to. The build isn't even WW IMO.

Update 3!!:

Should be the last update, my Stelbel should come some time in the next few weeks. eeBrakes, TB14 to Record hubs, this crankset is actually going on the Gaulzetti I'm ordering later this year. I have a 165mm SiSL2 with 110 BCD Quarq coming for the Stelbel. 6.4kg on the dot with those skewers and K-Edge, so 6.3kg on the dot with WW skewers and no computer mount. -80g or so for the SiSL2 and 110 BCD, so 6.2kg with TB14s... not bad.

Update 2:

Super Record, Hyperon One Clinchers, and a Berk List. Good stuff. Currently 5.9kg, but I have 126g skewers as well, so if I went back to my old skewers I'd be at 5.8, not bad!

Update:

New tires and I got tired of the loud ass XG. Best bike I've ever owned.

Original post:

UHHHHH.....

Last edited by dudemanppl on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hell yeah!!! Always love your bikes! Love Supersix's too so this is a real winner. Bet it flies up the climbs, I know mine does.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Really wish the frame was less busy, but I can deal with it. I'd paint it but this frame actually comes with a warranty! I'm also not running gumwalls cause I sliced both of mine and have no extras. :( I think the black tires don't work too well.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I really think it looks great. Not a very busy scheme at all given what Cannondale have done in recent years. I love the new thinned down, straight legged fork, looks amazing on a small frame like yours. Don't worry about the gum walls either, I think black is where it's at for this build.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Will this one make it past 2 months? :wink:

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Nice, always tight!

What is tuned on the cassette?

Ride report vs. BMC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I took out the inner metal spacer (don't do that) and took off the rubber o rings (maybe do it, it's loud af tho).

So far much better geo, a lot more reactive.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Best bike I've ever owned.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Did you ride this with the Save seatpost before going to the Hylix if so what's the ride comparison like? I'm thinking about the same thing when I get mine. Did you weigh the Hylix before tuning it (I'm assuming you just cut some of it down) What is the weight with the Save vs the Hylix?

McGilli

by McGilli

Well done with the photo....

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

SAVE post is 190.9, Hylix was 130.0 before cutting. Hylix is a better post in my opinion, although I only rode the SAVE post one time and with a different build (the stock Hi Mod)

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

How have you liked the wheels?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Wheels are ridiculously nice. Fantastic braking with Giant carbon pads. No squeal, good power and modulation.

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

dudemanppl wrote:Wheels are ridiculously nice. Fantastic braking with Giant carbon pads. No squeal, good power and modulation.

Rad, thanks man. i've been heeing and hawing over a set of LB wheels for a bit now. So damn cheap and look so good. Is that the UD finish?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Yup UD. I asked for semi gloss but they gave me full gloss... Oh well.