2016 Cannondale SuperSix Evo HiMod 50cm 5.5kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Sorry, didn't have a chance to pop em out.

octave

by octave

dudemanppl wrote:Sorry, didn't have a chance to pop em out.

hey, which BB are you using? i am thinking of replacing the stock bb bearings on the 2016 ss evo hm i just picked. i would like something like a wheels mfg thread together, but not sure one exists that will still take the 30mm hollowgram crank... also, do you have a weight comparison between the hollowgram SI 8-arm crank and the SRAM Red bb30 crank?

i am getting ready to start building mine and the bb and crank are the final elements to sort out.

also-- how is the breaking on those wheels compared to aluminum?

thanks!!

o

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muffinman

by muffinman

Wheres the campy tho

Durisic

by Durisic

oh! it looks really cool!! :thumbup:

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

octave wrote:

hey, which BB are you using? i am thinking of replacing the stock bb bearings on the 2016 ss evo hm i just picked. i would like something like a wheels mfg thread together, but not sure one exists that will still take the 30mm hollowgram crank... also, do you have a weight comparison between the hollowgram SI 8-arm crank and the SRAM Red bb30 crank?

i am getting ready to start building mine and the bb and crank are the final elements to sort out.

thanks!!

o

Stock FSA alloy cups with CeramicSpeed bearings.

Hollowgram was 622.3g, so 170g heavier.

Braking is pretty good. Another forum member has a set as well, not sure of his thoughts on them yet though.

octave

by octave

dudemanppl wrote:
octave wrote:

thanks!!

o

Stock FSA alloy cups with CeramicSpeed bearings.

Hollowgram was 622.3g, so 170g heavier.

Braking is pretty good. Another forum member has a set as well, not sure of his thoughts on them yet though.

i have never ridden carbon rims. always been afraid because i really like being able to stop. but i am tempted more and more as braking has supposedly improved a lot recently. with that in mind, i have a set of CERO AR22 aluminum clinchers i got for dirt cheap that i will be trying on my new build... though carbon is so tempting.

and holy crap i didn't realize Hollowgram was that heavy.

o

garjo

by garjo

it's strange your fork (272 gr, with 155/160mm steerer) is heavier than this one http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141147 250 gr , which steerer should be a lil bit longer (at least 170mm, being a 52cm frameset)
The uncut fork is 291 gr (290mm) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannondale-SuperSix-EVO-2-Hi-Mod-Carbon-Road-Fork-Gloss-Black-/332094309768?hash=item4d525d0588:g:OaEAAOSwnHZYfWxq
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Yes, all other forks I have seen are no where near the weight of mine. Which is really really annoying. I weighed a fork with about 220mm of steer tube and it was around 255g.

octave wrote:i have never ridden carbon rims. always been afraid because i really like being able to stop. but i am tempted more and more as braking has supposedly improved a lot recently. with that in mind, i have a set of CERO AR22 aluminum clinchers i got for dirt cheap that i will be trying on my new build... though carbon is so tempting.

and holy crap i didn't realize Hollowgram was that heavy.

o

If you're going just for light weight, carbon might not necessarily get you there. You can get a lot cheaper with alloy wheels. And yeah Hollowgrams are heavy!

octave

by octave

dudemanppl wrote:
If you're going just for light weight, carbon might not necessarily get you there. You can get a lot cheaper with alloy wheels. And yeah Hollowgrams are heavy!

i finally got a chance to weight the CERO AR22 wheelset. 1474 grams for 24/28 spoke count. not bad! and they look really well finished, too. i am pretty happy, especially for how little i paid for them. so, those will definitely suffice for now.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Oh wow. At that weight I really don't recommend getting another wheelset. Maybe replace rim tape, skewers, get latex tubes.

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

I've been riding a SuperSix EVO for 4 years and have loved it - but I crashed it this past season and have just received the crash replacement frame (same as yours but in 63cm). I'm using your bike as inspiration for how I want mine to look. I'm going with Campagnolo Record and Easton EC90 Aero 55 wheels, but i'm hoping it comes out half as good looking as your steed. Your bike has convinced me to go white bar tape and beige tire sidewalls.

Excellent photography on that gravel road shot by the way. Can't wait to take some of my own.
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup:

octave

by octave

dudemanppl wrote:Oh wow. At that weight I really don't recommend getting another wheelset. Maybe replace rim tape, skewers, get latex tubes.

yeah i am def happy with the wheels! i am planning on getting the KCNC grooving ti skewers, knock another 50 ish grams off. how durable are latex tubes? i have always used continental race 28 (weighs right at 102 each usually) and have had zero punctures in the last 3 years...

p.s. i also pulled my Hollowgram SI and it weighed 623. weighting for my red bb30 crank to come in so i can start the build. how did your build go as far as spacers on the red bb30 spindle?

thanks!

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

BikeSwan wrote:I've been riding a SuperSix EVO for 4 years and have loved it - but I crashed it this past season and have just received the crash replacement frame (same as yours but in 63cm). I'm using your bike as inspiration for how I want mine to look. I'm going with Campagnolo Record and Easton EC90 Aero 55 wheels, but i'm hoping it comes out half as good looking as your steed. Your bike has convinced me to go white bar tape and beige tire sidewalls.

Excellent photography on that gravel road shot by the way. Can't wait to take some of my own.

Sucks to hear on the crash :( How much was the replacement if you don't mind sharing? I actually just put Super Record on this, need to update! I'm already looking at a new frame.... I hate my addiction.

octave wrote:yeah i am def happy with the wheels! i am planning on getting the KCNC grooving ti skewers, knock another 50 ish grams off. how durable are latex tubes? i have always used continental race 28 (weighs right at 102 each usually) and have had zero punctures in the last 3 years...

p.s. i also pulled my Hollowgram SI and it weighed 623. weighting for my red bb30 crank to come in so i can start the build. how did your build go as far as spacers on the red bb30 spindle?

thanks!

Yup that should save a bunch of weight. Latex tubes are supposed to be more durable than butyl since they would deform around any intrusions through the tire instead of split open (and puncture obviously). I have pretty good luck with that, but I'm also a pretty light rider at 59kg when I'm fat. For the Red cranks, take the preload ring off the spindle and just put a regular wavy washer. At least thats what has been working for me!

muffinman

by muffinman

dudemanppl wrote:Yup that should save a bunch of weight. Latex tubes are supposed to be more durable than butyl since they would deform around any intrusions through the tire instead of split open (and puncture obviously). I have pretty good luck with that, but I'm also a pretty light rider at 59kg when I'm fat. For the Red cranks, take the preload ring off the spindle and just put a regular wavy washer. At least thats what has been working for me!

Tbt to pinch flatting on twice when I had 95 psi.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

:!: Update the weight, it might be lucky to be less than 6.4kg right now! :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com