My first 'Nago: C59 NERO

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dj97223

by dj97223

gfeldy wrote:dj97223 have you tried the Power?

No, sorry, I haven't.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

Imaking20 wrote: The only thing holding it from perfection is that it digs into my inner things - noticeable after long, hard efforts in the saddle.

Ouch.

I wasn't suggesting that your saddle doesn't work for you -- but it sort of sounds like it doesn't. I haven't looked at the measurements of the Power, but it seems to have the same shape at the key points as the saddle I mentioned. Just a thought. :noidea:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Imaking20

by Imaking20

plasticol wrote::up: Great looking bike. I have the team in 52s and I love it every time.
Very curious about your saddle. Is this the top of the line?, what is the width? Which saddle are you coming previously?
Thanks and enjoy your Colnago.

Thanks! It feels like a privilege every time I ride it - even commuting.

The saddle is the top-of-the-line S-Works Power in 143mm. Most recently I had ridden the 143mm Romin (for about 1.5 years). I didn't leave it because of discomfort - a BG/Retul fit pointed out some pelvic rotation issues that were giving me some nasty back issues - the Power alleviated those issues and showed me, for the first time, what it actually means to sit on your sitbones. Before the Romin, I'd ridden the Toupe, Fizik Aliante, Fizik Antares, Fizik Arione (normal and VS), Selle SMP Dynamic, Selle Italia SLR, Prologo Nago, Selle San Marco Aspide, as well as a Bontrager in there somewhere.

If the very edges of the Power had something similar to Wingflex - it would be perfect. Though I had a similar issue with the Antares (back of the saddle was comfortable with this exception - front of the saddle was torture).

eeefn7

by eeefn7

shimano di2 is the best choice

Imaking20

by Imaking20

A few ride shots from this weekend.

I asked my fitter about the leg/saddle issue and he recommended I bump the saddle back 3mm as a start... which I don't really have room for on the Superleggera post (as Cal pointed out). So now I'm looking at maybe swapping to a Superzero cockpit (because I still don't want to fork over for Enve).

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Finally have a weight of 7.1 kilos. Actually lighter than I expected.

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

What a beaut!

Imaking20 wrote:The real shocker at the first switch was how much smoother the rear end was - conventional wisdom tells us the 27.2 seat post (from the Tarmac) should be smoother than a 31.6 (on the C59). That's definitely not the end of the story here.

No disagreement from me here.
Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

ride1970

by ride1970

Great looking bike

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

That's a beaut.

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

Beautiful configurations!
I have a black CANYON but still good BOB.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

This may be a short relationship. I'm not crazy about the electronic shifting. Not clicking the derailleurs over myself has me feeling like something is missing...

boysa

by boysa

Interested in hearing if you decide to switch back to mechanical. I'm putting a new build together, and while electronic is neat, not sure I would enjoy the loss of "control" either.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I've got the bike listed for sale locally. If I can get a buyer for the whole setup (less wheels), I'll definitely build up something mechanical. If not.. well... to be determined. Maybe eTap has more "feel".

chrisMTB

by chrisMTB

Great bike!! I just got a 52s. Question. What size tires are you running. I've heard it has little space for 25's in wide rims

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

You got a really good deal on that. Congrats