Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nd2rc

by nd2rc

What a beautiful ride!

welchy

by welchy

nd2rc wrote:What a beautiful ride!

Thanks a bunch for the praise guys and girls, means a lot!

So here are some more snaps, I've been busy with the bike - Went over to London to ride with some good mates on Saturday and then down to Devon to ride with my parents on Sunday. Cracking British summer (no actually it was!!). Here are a few I took:

Can you spot the deer?!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

As Calnago was asking, what is your saddle height ?

welchy

by welchy

Repost
Last edited by welchy on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

welchy

by welchy

LionelB wrote:As Calnago was asking, what is your saddle height ?

820MM from Centre of BB to middle of saddle profile

LionelB

by LionelB

ok thanks, what is it to the top of the saddle and what type of saddle to bar drop do you get also measured from the top of the saddle ? Asking because it looks like we ride about the same saddle height and I always wondered if I was a 56S or 58S in sloping collage sizes.

Thanks!

welchy

by welchy

LionelB wrote:ok thanks, what is it to the top of the saddle and what type of saddle to bar drop do you get also measured from the top of the saddle ? Asking because it looks like we ride about the same saddle height and I always wondered if I was a 56S or 58S in sloping collage sizes.

Thanks!

This was from my last bikefit and current setup is identical, the reach on the Colnago is 2MM shorter.

LionelB

by LionelB

Thanks. We have a similar fit but my saddle is 2cm higher and I have 2cm more drop so it looks like the 56S would fit me well !

welchy

by welchy

LionelB wrote:Thanks. We have a similar fit but my saddle is 2cm higher and I have 2cm more drop so it looks like the 56S would fit me well !

No worries :D

Are you looking to buy one soon? What groupo are you looking at, I would urge you to go for Campag after being a massive Shimano DA fan - it was unjust.. Campag is simply incredible, or should I say super record!

LionelB

by LionelB

welchy wrote:No worries :D

Are you looking to buy one soon? What groupo are you looking at, I would urge you to go for Campag after being a massive Shimano DA fan - it was unjust.. Campag is simply incredible, or should I say super record!

Hell would freeze if I was going to put DA on a C60 :D Been toying with the idea of buying one for a while.

welchy

by welchy

So... I am thinking about going for a Berk Composites saddle as I'm getting that lovely numbing sensation in my gooch from the long rides. I have had a bikefit and miss my S-Works Toupe, but it would be sacrilege to put an S Works saddle on this bike.. Do Berk do integrated Seatpost and channelled Saddles?

That is my fist priority.. the next will be swapping the bar-tape, then Arundel Madible Matte Cages, and then a respray (don't kill me but I'm not italian and want something Matte Black again!

Obviously, this is my long term plan! So don't shoot me, I'm open to suggestions. I am also on the save for some Lightweight Tubulars.

sanandreas

by sanandreas

I always had numbness on any Fizik saddle.

Ever tried an SLR ?

KCookie

by KCookie

welchy wrote:So... I am thinking about going for a Berk Composites saddle as I'm getting that lovely numbing sensation in my gooch from the long rides. I have had a bikefit and miss my S-Works Toupe, but it would be sacrilege to put an S Works saddle on this bike.. Do Berk do integrated Seatpost and channelled Saddles?

That is my fist priority.. the next will be swapping the bar-tape, then Arundel Madible Matte Cages, and then a respray (don't kill me but I'm not italian and want something Matte Black again!

Obviously, this is my long term plan! So don't shoot me, I'm open to suggestions. I am also on the save for some Lightweight Tubulars.

Yes and yes to the question about Berk saddles, I have 3 of his saddles and they are awesome. He is so easy to deal with, certainly worth sending him an email.
Lightweights would look good to, I think there's some in the for sale section. I love my Obies.!!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

If you miss your Specialized Toupe then you should get another one. As long as you don't get the "S-Works" model the graphics are pretty subtle or you can probably remove them altogether. I use a Romin Pro on all my bikes now a really like it. I tried an Antares once, and I do mean once. That was more than enough.
And as much as I admire Berks work, there's just no way I would ever get a combo integrated seat and saddle that fixes everything in one position. I have altered my saddle angle and setback many times over a very fine range to finally dial in the perfect setback and saddle tilt for me, today :wink: . You can't do that if there's no adjustment. I suppose one could argue that "but now that you've found your perfect spot, why not lock it in". Well, I hate being "locked in" and you never know where you might want to use the saddle next or when you might feel like your setup has changed slightly and you want to make a minor tweak to your saddle position.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welchy

by welchy

Agreed, I had the exact saddle on my Venge, have a little look at the Venge in my signature. I was more thinking going for the Berk Composites Lupina padded, any experience here? I like the bespoke look :)