Colnago Master X-Light - PR82 7.9kg / 17.4 Lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tids0009

by tids0009

Absoluteyl love your Master X-Light CMH, just brilliant!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Now that ^^ is beautiful.

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

beautiful frame.

this frame demands a chrome fork, nothing less. :thumbup:

tids0009 wrote:This is my version of a Master X-Light in PR82 to give you some idea's

KarlC

by KarlC

UPDATED BELOW as of 7/28/16 - 7.9kg / 17.4 Lbs (Swapped out some parts from my inventory)

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

gfeldy

by gfeldy

Why did you move to Shimano?
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

i'll guess because silver parts look better?

change that stem! ritchey classic, or that deda alu-finish looks nice.

KarlC

by KarlC

gfeldy wrote:Why did you move to Shimano?

I bought this Master used, it came with Dura Ace 7700 9sp 25th Anniversary. I did not change it.

Its maybe not what I would have done but I can say its VERY nice to look at and use.

jz4nyc wrote:i'll guess because silver parts look better?

change that stem! ritchey classic, or that deda alu-finish looks nice.

LOL I did not change the silver parts.

The Stem, Bars, Seat post, Fork and maybe the seat will all change. I just put some parts on it to get me by that are better than what I bought it with yes ??
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

woops, pardon. got your bike confused with another one here using campy carbon parts.

i thought you swapped.

chrome fork on your bike will really make it shine. literally.

enjoy it no matter what! :thumbup:

KarlC wrote:LOL I did not change the silver parts.

The Stem, Bars, Seat post, Fork and maybe the seat will all change. I just put some parts on it to get me by that are better than what I bought it with yes ??

KarlC

by KarlC

jz4nyc wrote:woops, pardon. got your bike confused with another one here using campy carbon parts.

i thought you swapped.

chrome fork on your bike will really make it shine. literally.

enjoy it no matter what! :thumbup:

KarlC wrote:LOL I did not change the silver parts.

No worries, the Red Masters can all start to look the same. I guess that one of the reasons I want to try this one with the Deep Carbon wheels.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Calnago wrote:I pretty much echo @Kgt's comments in his post above but I'd for sure go with the Chromed Precisa fork. The Flash fork looks good on @Kgt's bike because it's black and matches his predominantly black frame. But on yours it would just look like an aftermarket fork. So stick wth the chromed Precisa if you can find one.

I tend to agree with this, but I was supersize how well the Black for looked below with all of the other Black accents .......

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

To each his own and I completely respect that but on a frame like that I personally like a low profile rim, shiny stainless steel spokes laced 3x to nice shiny hubs.
I think you're just a bit torn @KarlC, between a completely classic look and a classic frame with high profile carbon rims. What I think you really need is several bikes, but of course that just goes without saying on this forum :). I still think the deep wheels take something away from a frame like this. But I do love that yellow art decor scheme (if that's what it is). That is THE frame (same color but with the chrome Precisa fork) that began my love affair with Colnago. If I could ever find one in good nick in my size I'd snap it up just for nostalgic reasons.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

KarlC

by KarlC

Calnago wrote:To each his own and I completely respect that but on a frame like that I personally like a low profile rim, shiny stainless steel spokes laced 3x to nice shiny hubs.
I think you're just a bit torn @KarlC, between a completely classic look and a classic frame with high profile carbon rims. What I think you really need is several bikes, but of course that just goes without saying on this forum :). I still think the deep wheels take something away from a frame like this. But I do love that yellow art decor scheme (if that's what it is). That is THE frame (same color but with the chrome Precisa fork) that began my love affair with Colnago. If I could ever find one in good nick in my size I'd snap it up just for nostalgic reasons.

Thank again for your input, your right I do like mixing Classic with Modern, my house would tell you that also.

And here are my shoes ........

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha! I should show a picture of my state of art stainless steel Leibherr refrigerator standing right next to my almond colored mid 80's General Electric 4 burner electric stove with the knobs falling off it. Priorities. Ha.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

I like low rim than high rim in classic bike.
There seems to be a thin down tube to match the lower rim.
Personal opinion... :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tids0009

by tids0009

Here's my Master with low profile Ambrosio wheels on classic polished alloy record hubs and a slightly different build to how it currently is.

And this is my spare Master Art Décor frame with carbon forks and high profile Bora's that has not yet been built.