My Cervelo S3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Badluck

by Badluck

After owning an r2 for a week and crashing it due to some weird setup issue, I just got my new replacement S3.

2016 51 Cervelo S3 Ultegra
Zipp 303s with 25 Schwalbe one tyres
Arundel carbon bottle cage
Speedplay Stainless
K Edge chain catcher
Need to weigh it still

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Great looking bike, but Hopefully not the finished fit, the saddle is pushed way to far forward, looks a little dangerous, could loose a few spacers to. !!

mrgray

by mrgray

how did the accident go down and why did they replace? did bike shop set it up wrong?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

McGilli

by McGilli

Looks nice - I like what Cervelo has been doing with the black with red accents on their frames lately.... Few guys on our team have 2015 S3's and was never a fan of the all red.

Weird how the top of the fork looks like it's not from that bike - how it juts out under the frame - but I think that's just the 'dead on' angle of the photo. Still, looking good!

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Nice bike. Ironic username.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

dmulligan

by dmulligan

I too want to know about the accident. I'm glad you weren't hurt, at least not badly enough to be off your bike. Did the accident pay for the upgrade from the x2 to the x3?
Also why did you switch from an R2 to an S3? I love my R3 and the only regret I have in buying it is that I didn't try the S3. I still think I would have chosen the R3 but I can't know that for sure. This is why I'm interested in why you switched.

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

Badluck

by Badluck

dmulligan wrote:I too want to know about the accident. I'm glad you weren't hurt, at least not badly enough to be off your bike. Did the accident pay for the upgrade from the x2 to the x3?
Also why did you switch from an R2 to an S3? I love my R3 and the only regret I have in buying it is that I didn't try the S3. I still think I would have chosen the R3 but I can't know that for sure. This is why I'm interested in why you switched.

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

Basically i got the R2, had a shop set it up for me as I'm relatively new to cycling. Went out for my first ride and the chain just came straight off and jammed throwing me off the bike. They had an S3 in stock and offered me a massive discount off it so decided to jump to the S3. I think the R shape probably suited me more but can't complain with getting the S3 for way less than retail.

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

Just like what KCookie said, the saddle position looks a bit worrying and those spacers...

jkzy

by jkzy

Glad that you're fine. Agreed on the saddle position and spacers but its probably cos OP is still fine-tuning his fit.
PS: Shoot the photo with the chain on the big ring and it'll look better too

Badluck

by Badluck

jkzy wrote:Glad that you're fine. Agreed on the saddle position and spacers but its probably cos OP is still fine-tuning his fit.
PS: Shoot the photo with the chain on the big ring and it'll look better too

yeah i need to get a proper bike fit really. Possibly a shorter stem if thats possible.

kgt

by kgt

IMO a 48 cm frame would fit you better.

Badluck

by Badluck

kgt wrote:IMO a 48 cm frame would fit you better.

possibly, need to make do with what i have however.

TiCass

by TiCass

Or just get a 2 positions seat-post. Having a 5cm setback (or so) is not uncommon for small frame.

junchen

by junchen

If u need, can always get the s5 2 position aero seatpost for ur s3.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Badluck

by Badluck

Oh nice, thanks for the info. So will a 2 position seat post allow me to set the seat to a more forward position? (without it being maxed out on the rails as it is now) The s5 one definitely fit the S3?