Kayrehn Fuji SL 1.1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

dudemanppl wrote:Are you gonna run your Osymetrics clocked like that? I think that defeats the purpose...

Nope, that's just arranged for the sake of the picture, it's not bolted on. Eventually round rings will be coming anyway and it'll go back to the Madone.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Ah I see. Whered you get the tennis tape? That's crazy light!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

dudemanppl wrote:Ah I see. Whered you get the tennis tape? That's crazy light!

It's really common in racket game equipment shops around here. These are usually used for tennis rackets and I don't usually use them for badminton rackets (I play the latter not the former). They have a very tacky feel, excellent grip and dog hair sticks very well to it [emoji16]
For the purpose of a weight weenie build it's awesome.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Thanks! Just ordered some in white to test out.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Saw this bike at the LBS. Looked good. :thumbup: #noweightspoilers

Any particular reason why you didn't opt to build it up yourself? You had all the parts and it should have been quite straightforward, and it doesn't get much easier than eTap to install. Just curious.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

kkibbler wrote:Saw this bike at the LBS. Looked good. [emoji106] #noweightspoilers

Any particular reason why you didn't opt to build it up yourself? You had all the parts and it should have been quite straightforward, and it doesn't get much easier than eTap to install. Just curious.

A fellow SGer! I never have the aptitude for stuff like this - inevitably something would crop up and I'll have to haul the bike to the shop sheepishly to explain my failed DIY effort. Don't have quite a bit of tools also.

Bike just done up, but more to come. Just got this, for example.

KCookie

by KCookie

Hey mate, looking forward to the final build. I'm the same as you the only time I tried working on my bike I made it worse and ended up down the LBS looking like an idiot.
Those Fibre Lytes didn't take long to be delivered.
What do you think final weight will be. ?

xena
Banned

by xena

:thumbup: This is great. Looks very classy.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Budget and 7.5kUSD well I wish had that to spare.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

KCookie wrote:Hey mate, looking forward to the final build. I'm the same as you the only time I tried working on my bike I made it worse and ended up down the LBS looking like an idiot.

Haha looks like it's easier to just get the professionals do the job for us. I have a feeling it'll be 5.1kg in the end, and it'll be hard to make it go lower after all the intended parts go up.

I can't use powercordz too unless I get a solution for the brake clamp bolts, so steel cables will weigh a bit more though the housing can still be used. After bike fit is done that'll go up and cutting down the steerer will save a bit more.

KCookie

by KCookie

Kayrehn wrote:
KCookie wrote:Hey mate, looking forward to the final build. I'm the same as you the only time I tried working on my bike I made it worse and ended up down the LBS looking like an idiot.

Haha looks like it's easier to just get the professionals do the job for us. I have a feeling it'll be 5.1kg in the end, and it'll be hard to make it go lower after all the intended parts go up.

I can't use powercordz too unless I get a solution for the brake clamp bolts, so steel cables will weigh a bit more though the housing can still be used. After bike fit is done that'll go up and cutting down the steerer will save a bit more.

Yeah I went for Jagwire in the end for that particular reason. 5.1kg is an awesome weight, so close to being in the 4s though. Ive bought Veloflex Carbons which will bring the weight down by 38g and still waiting on Xpresso 15s to be in stock which will save another 20g, still no where near your 5.1kg but will get me under 5.5kg.

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

Any update on the build?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Unfortunately it'll be a month before I get the whole thing up unfortunately - bike fitter says he'll help with ordering the Berk combo but he haven't replied me for a week. We'll have to see how fast Berk gets the combo done too. (Hey Berk, if you get an order from Timothy, that's for me! [emoji1])

Bikefit done and 130mm stem recommended instead, so got myself a Kalloy stem with some ti bolts. The weight is unbeatable for a stem of that length (without going the ax lightness way). Hope the graphics go off easily without fuss.

Anyway, I managed to hunt down a pair of brake cable clasps which will allow me to tie up the powercordz cable onto it, so that's something to look forward to.

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

Kayrehn wrote:Some goodies finally arrived!

Haerocarbon bars 40cm o-to-o. A little disappointed the ovalised top isn't as wide like the Ergonovas, or so I remembered, but it'll feel better than round to me still.

120mm, -12 degrees

Carbonice parts, nice stuff. Not sure how to tell the difference between the top and bottom wheel though...

I bought carbonice Eva 2.0 for my Fuji SL 1.1 but can't tighten the seatpost. How about your case?
Last edited by anlimdy22 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

It is really a combination of expectation.
Etap was satisfactory to the weight and performance.
I look forward to be completed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com