Pegoretti Marcelo build (7.04kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrgray

by mrgray

what tyres are you running? that can certainly make for surprising weights in my experience. thanks for the ride report. my gaulzetti in steel is a fantastic ride but unfortunately it doesn't look as cool as this. the red seems to have a touch of orange in it. i really like it.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Cloudman

by Cloudman

mrgray wrote:what tyres are you running? that can certainly make for surprising weights in my experience. thanks for the ride report. my gaulzetti in steel is a fantastic ride but unfortunately it doesn't look as cool as this. the red seems to have a touch of orange in it. i really like it.

Thanks. Tyres are Tufo tubulars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I am sure you like the look and fit of the bike, but the stem/bar/seapost/sadlle combo and shifters position ruins it for me.

Otherwise, very nice!

GT56

by GT56

i think the 35 handlebar is a bit too much on this frame

Cloudman

by Cloudman

GT56 wrote:i think the 35 handlebar is a bit too much on this frame

Tend to agree....diameter is a bit much. Components i already had so built it up with these.

Cloudman

by Cloudman

majklnajt wrote:I am sure you like the look and fit of the bike, but the stem/bar/seapost/sadlle combo and shifters position ruins it for me.

Otherwise, very nice!

Please elaborate? Keen to get constructive criticism :) Deda 35 bars and stem, as GT56 states, are a bit of a misfit.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yes, too Deda "35" is too bulky for this kind of frame. But surely is stiff! :)

I was thinking of Deda 26 stem + Deda 215 Newton handlebar.
Both unlabeled, because the red on the steam doesnt always match frame color and the handlebar has blue color on it.

I would then also unlabel the seastpost.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

LionelB wrote:Nice bike even though that saddle needs to be pushed back and the Enve logo removed.

Push it back for vanity so his position is off? :?

LionelB

by LionelB

Stolichnaya wrote:
LionelB wrote:Nice bike even though that saddle needs to be pushed back and the Enve logo removed.

Running a saddle all the way forward on a setback post does not make sense. A deda superleggera post will put the saddle in a more pleasing position and match the bar too :shock:

Cloudman

by Cloudman

LionelB wrote:
Stolichnaya wrote:

Running a saddle all the way forward on a setback post does not make sense. A deda superleggera post will put the saddle in a more pleasing position and match the bar too :shock:

If they did the deda post in 29.4mm.... Very limited choice in this diameter. The option would be to use a shim to convert to 27.2mm. TBH, I hadn't paid that much attention to the front/back position of the saddle. I've nudged it forward now :)
Last edited by Cloudman on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrgray

by mrgray

you were on a 52s c60 if i'm not mistaken too huh? so this 55 is quite a big 55. like you could maybe even go a 54 in a peg (not saying this doesnt work). just working out sizing for myself :D

in truth i've done very little but look up pegoretti's since seeing this post.

also i don't tend to be very detail orientated. i am still struck by the overall with your bike and that overall is saying "beautiful". i think the white on the handlebars was a clever touch.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Cloudman

by Cloudman

mrgray wrote:you were on a 52s c60 if i'm not mistaken too huh? so this 55 is quite a big 55. like you could maybe even go a 54 in a peg (not saying this doesnt work). just working out sizing for myself :D

in truth i've done very little but look up pegoretti's since seeing this post.

also i don't tend to be very detail orientated. i am still struck by the overall with your bike and that overall is saying "beautiful". i think the white on the handlebars was a clever touch.

The 52s is exactly the same top tube length as the 55 Peg (55.5cm). Pretty spot on for me as i like a stretched out, low position. A lot of stock Pegorettis have a really tall headtube aswell, so i would have to have gone custom if I had ordered from new.

There are some pretty crazy paint schemes out there for Pegorettis....this one was unusually neutral :)

Cloudman

by Cloudman

mrgray wrote:in truth i've done very little but look up pegoretti's since seeing this post.

My work here is done :wink:

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

LionelB, I agree with you on running a saddle all the way back or forward, but you were originally suggesting he simply push the saddle back, which makes zero sense if the saddle is positioned where it should be for his fit - regardless of post set back.
In all honesty, from some of the pics, I don't think the saddle is as far forward on the rails as initially thought.
He has limited options for a post in this diameter as well.
Eventually consider a Thompson Masterpiece, PMP or some other elegant inline, but simply pushing the saddle back is not the way to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

REgarding the position of the shifters - tilting them more up/back - the sadlle could go more to the back....