Pegoretti Marcelo build (7.04kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Cloudman wrote:
majklnajt wrote:I am sure you like the look and fit of the bike, but the stem/bar/seapost/sadlle combo and shifters position ruins it for me.

Otherwise, very nice!

Please elaborate? Keen to get constructive criticism :) Deda 35 bars and stem, as GT56 states, are a bit of a misfit.

Nice bike but since you're asking for "constructive criticism" here's my initial thoughts....
- The levers are too far forward on those bars, moving them up and back some would look, and I think feel, much better while riding. Angle of the bars is ok, just move the levers. Doing this properly is a bit of work I know. Removing all the tape, repositioning levers, probably trimming the housings a bit ( which means pulling out the inner cables then readjusting everything at the end again). But I think that change alone would make things both aesthetically and functionally much better.
- The saddle position. Fit is fit for sure and you don't want to be messing with things that put you in a less comfortable riding position, but I found that experimenting with saddle fore/aft position simultaneously with saddle height can produce several seated positions within a small range that still work really well for comfort and power transfer. In your case I "might" try (your call here) moving the saddle back in the rails a bit while simultaneously lowering it. You can often end up with the same KOPS (knee over pedal spindle) just rotated a bit around an imaginary arc from the BB.

Love the simplicity of single color schemes, but as with a lot of steel or ti bikes and an aftermarket fork, if the fork isn't painted to match the frame I think it looks like the original fork was crashed and this is the best you could do as a replacement. Would it be possible to get the fork painted to match the frame color, and like others have said, lose the ENVE logos. Then everything would be completely right with the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

"get the fork painted to match the frame color"
good idea!

hmai18

by hmai18

Or at the very least, just get some vinyl decals to black out/stealth the giant ENVE logo.

964Cup

by 964Cup

Shim the post. It looks to me like you have the saddle all the way forward (past the limit markers). You'll break it. That will hurt - and more importantly you might scuff the frame when you come off. I use one of these (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ultimate-use-sx-seat-post-shim/) to shim my 31.6mm Enigma down to 27.2 for comfort - works like a dream.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

hmai18 wrote:Or at the very least, just get some vinyl decals to black out/stealth the giant ENVE logo.

I think this is a good and a lot cheaper solution than paint the whole fork into red :thumbup:

tigoose

by tigoose

i love your bike everything is perfect. can you tell me what model tufo tires they are please?
regards

bontie

by bontie

On the fork comments, why mot just get a Falz?

chazmtb

by chazmtb

If this is your fit, just get a zero offset post. Is it a 30.6 or 29.4mm. Everything else is fine. You have to ride it. Great weight by the way. I have 2016 chorus on my Duende and pretty light tubs and mine came in at 7700g. The only thing heavy on my bike was the Aliante vs saddle. Mine is a 52. You probably saved a lot of weight with the enve fork and 200g for the super record.

mm1

by mm1

Only just seen this lovely bike, I am deeply jealous.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Very nicely done!

BTW you can still buy a brand new 29.4 Thomson Elite seatpost. I too think you need to debadge the Enve logos.
https://www.bikethomson.com/product/elite-seatpost/

I wonder if you can get the Faz fork from Pegoretti direct...