Ryan's Aero Acceptance: Scott Foil Team 2016

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

eeBrake Direct Mount Installation:

Ooof...what a pain. The front has a piece of cardboard to space it and get the bolts to line up, but my cardboard got smooshed so that didn't work as planned. Lining up the rod was also a pain. Had to grab my riding light for better visibility:

Clean brake cable routing:

iLinks are quite robust, as you can probably tell, these have been around the block yet still worthy to put on a new bike:

Got a derailleur hanger alignment tool:

eeBrakes frontal view:

Close up of rear eeBrake:

Now this, I'm excited about, Zipp 404's with Zipp Tangent 23mm Tubular on the front and Vittoria Corsa 25mm on the rear:

Zipp Skewers. They're heavy but very smooth and seem to work well. Brass is thick, which means it shouldn't wear away like the KCNC skewers:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Could you do me a solid a take a photo of the rear steerer clamp part of the Syncros bars, without the rubber fairing? Reason I ask is because this is one of the few non-custom aftermarket bar/stem combos that work with 1.25" steerers and I'd consider buying it if it doesn't look too raw without the rubber piece, which wouldn't fit any other frame.

Cheers to another slick build. :)

RyanH

by RyanH

It looks like a regular stem. That little rubber piece goes between the stem clamp bolts, other than that though, they made it so it'd look perfectly normal without. I can take a picture tomorrow if you'd like.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

That sounds positive. A photo would be great all the same if you don't mind taking one.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Is that downtube hole just like... a hole?

RyanH

by RyanH

No, there's machined aluminium inserts depending on if you're running di2 or mechanical.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

Ryan keep in mind the Zipp recall for the Hub and Quick Release ......

http://www.zipp.com/support/recall-info ... /index.php

Also the new Zipp SL Speed tires rate pretty high, you might want to use the 24cc for the front and 27cc for the rear. I am using the 27cc all around on my TMR01, its a nice ride.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/2014/09 ... e-and.html
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Thanks KarlC, those links help. Fortunately, I checked the hub version before getting them, they're v9, not affected by the recall. Ultimately, I'll probably go with 27mm all around since I like the ride a lot more.

RyanH

by RyanH

Here's the go fast build pic:

As pictured, it's approximately 6.6kg in the picture, 5.99 kg with the Reynolds RZRs.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Nice weight! Build looks sick.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Very tidy. Black chainrings and sanding down that crank would look mint :)
Using Tapatalk

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Dude... 10/10 one the hottest aero bike I've seen in a while. Nice weight considering electronic and a heavy ass power meter.

RyanH

by RyanH

for kkibbler:

Thanks all. I have a handful of finishing touches left to do. I rode it today and the bike felt a lot different than the others. The first thing that struck me was how smooth it rode. I don't understand that since the front is a 23mm tire which should be the same "hand feel" as my RZR's with Veloflex. "Ass feel" would understandably be better with a 25 on the rear, but the thing is, I've been riding around on 27mm tires most of the past two weeks, so that shouldn't strike me as remarkable....but it did.

I had some brake rub in the rear, but I was also running the pads as close as possible. I opened them up to a little over 1mm clearance on each side and couldn't get them to rub anymore.

Other than that, I'll withhold any impression until I get at least a few hundred miles on it.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Cheers :thumbup: that should look decent on any other frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com