MCipollini NK1K WHITE - The Dream comes True

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Hi users,
I still can not believe this but finally I got a frame kit MCipollini NK1K white.
really I have to admit that they have not exceeded the expected delivery times indeed I have delivered the kit far in advance.
About this I have to do a special praise to all staff MCipollini who have handled my order with a care and a uncommonw illingness.
Their support has been constant and flawless; at the this same level It 's something hard to find in other brands.
I also have to thank my local bike shop CICLI ARGENTIN in Castelfranco Veneto for the courtesy and professionalism. They have advised me well in the tecnical choice of the components and have suggested various tricks in the assembly
While I was expecting the frame I bought all the remaining components needed for the assembly.
As soon as I opened the frame pack I immediately realized the excellent manufacturing of the kit frame and the value of the material, the details distinguish it.
Two labels emphasize this set enormous elegant certificate of authenticity. There are In the kit frame many small parts more than necessary.
There are even the liquid torque to put on the seatposts and on the stem/handlebar and the chain oil. There are salso different thicknesses carbon to set properly the stem height beyond the specific headset cover. There are two headset cover a low and a higher to 2cm.

In short that it is not a simple and common top level kit frame is immediate perception, it is clear. It is a frame is in another even higher level where maybe there is only this Kit frame such as made 100% in Italy, true monocoque and carbon T1000. The Handmade in Italy is manifest by every little detail.
The frame weight claimed is 1120g not painted. The actual weight of this frame white size S is only 1196g so they were really sinceres and the weight is great to be a true monocoque. The construction quality is evident.

I chose to mount it with SRAM Red Etap and Mavic R-sys SLR and others light components prestigious the same.
Specifications of components mouting:
Kit Frame: MCipollini NK1K WHITE size S
Groupset: Sram Red Etap
Cassette: Sram Red Etap 12-25
Chain: Sram Red Etap
Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace direct mount brake
Crankset: FSA K-Force LIGHT ABS BB386EVO
Bottom Bracket: FSA ROAD BB-PF30
Chain Catcher: MCipollini
Handlebar: K-Force COMPACT TOUR DE FRANCE LIMITED EDITION
Stem: OS-99 CSI TOUR DE FRANCE LIMITED EDITION
HeadSet: Mcipollini
Headset Expander: Mcipollini but I also bought the Expander Carbon-Ti X-PLUG but then I decide to mount the Expander MCipollini.
Headset Top cap: Mcipollini with the green screw of Headset Top Cap Carbon-Ti X-CAP Carbon that I had also bought but then I decided for this combination.
Bar Tape: Fizik SUPERLIGHT GLOSSY green
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR TEKNO FLOW.
Brake Cables: Kit Alligator ILINK internal cable system green
Bottle Cage: Mcipollini
Wheels: Mavic R-Sys SLR
Quick Release: Carbon-Ti X-Lock Special ROAD Ti green
Pedals: TIME Xpresso 12 Carbon
Weight so complete bike with more Garmin Extended Out-front Bike Mount of Garmin Edge 1000 and Garmin Bike Speed Sensor and Cadence Sensor of Garmin Edge 1000: 6,88Kg

Following the specific components weighed:

The Mcipollini headset:

I choice to mount this MCipollini headset although I bought the Carbon-Ti X-PLUG and X-CAP, I only used the green screew of Carbon-Ti X-CAP:

The the mechanism to lock the seatpost with a top cover in carbon to be elegant and stylish when mounted on the frame:

The handlebar and the stem:

The MCipollini chain catcher very refined and lightweight:

Altought I bought the Rotor chain catcher but as it turned out to be heavier and ugly I chose to mount the MCipollini chain catcher

The 2cm high headset cover but I used the low headset cover:

The MCipollini distinguished and lightweight bottle cages:

The Sram Red Etap
-Shifters with battery:

-Battery of derailleurs:

-Rear derailleur without battery:

-Rear derailleur with battery:

-Front derailleur without battery:

-Front derailleur with battery.

-Cassette Sram Red Etap 11/25.

-Chain Sram Red Etap:

The brakes Shimano Dura-Ace direct mount:

The crankset FSA K-Force ABS 53/39 170mm:

The bottom bracket FSA BB386EVO (ROAD BB-PF30):

The saddle Selle Italia SLR TEKNO FLOW:

The Quick Release Carbon-Ti X-Lock Special ROAD :

The pedals Time Xpresso 12 Carbon:

And finally the pictures of the complete bike:

Last edited by REDUTOPIA on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Wow, so nice to see you got your frame in high season :thumbup:
Congratulation amigo :beerchug:
I am very happy for you, i know you have been waiting, dreaming for this to happen!

It sounds great that Cipo did delivery such a superb frame in this time line.

Are you going to tell us how you feel about it?

I must admit, i would want one myself.
But i would go for naked anthracite matt, with disc brakes (believe it or not!)
I think Large with the high adapter would work for me.

May i ask you, if you have a stack of 55.5cm (Large) and then you insert this "adapter", you will get a stack of 57.5cm.
But is this including the headset spacer, or does this also add height (stack)?

Go ahead and fill me in now how the beast rides :D
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

This had so much potential. Unfortunately the end result is quite a let down.

PSM

by PSM

Give us a plain background! I see... boats.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

caballero wrote:This had so much potential. Unfortunately the end result is quite a let down.

We owe the guy some specifics.

For me the yellow bars/stem and green tape are not good - easy fix. Also this, and most modern design bikes, demand deeper wheels. Of course shallow wheels may be necessary in some circumstances - so maybe OK, but not good. This is a beautiful frame but some changes are needed IMO.

The English translation on the tags is hilarious. How much trouble would it be to have the language checked for accuracy. Very charming but unprofessional.

As a side note - I am jealous that you live in Castelfranco Veneto. I will travel there this summer to ride my brains out. I hear the area is amazing.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

LouisN

by LouisN

Very nice :beerchug: !!!

Tell us how the DA brakes behave with the Sram levers.

Louis :)

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Mr.Gib wrote:
caballero wrote:This had so much potential. Unfortunately the end result is quite a let down.

We owe the guy some specifics.

For me the yellow bars/stem and green tape are not good - easy fix. Also this, and most modern design bikes, demand deeper wheels. Of course shallow wheels may be necessary in some circumstances - so maybe OK, but not good. This is a beautiful frame but some changes are needed IMO.

The green bar tape is only for the start, I have already the prologo onetouch 2 black/white. Such as this in the photo below:

The English translation on the tags is hilarious. How much trouble would it be to have the language checked for accuracy. Very charming but unprofessional.

Please, could you explain better?

As a side note - I am jealous that you live in Castelfranco Veneto. I will travel there this summer to ride my brains out. I hear the area is amazing.

Yes, it is a very beautiful place!

kgt

by kgt

REDUTOPIA congrats!.... for the frame, it's a work of art really and lighter than I expected.
:beerchug:

BUT, most components are totally out of place. Stem, bars, tape, skewers... and this Sram-Shimano-FSA mix... Why???
:smartass:

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Sram not make direct mount brakes.

The frame fortunately has a BB386EVO Bottom Bracket.

So if you want to take all the advantages of this bottom bracket you have to mount a BB386EVO crankset. So I chose the FSA K-Force ABS BB386EVO.

spartan

by spartan

why buy a aero frame then use the worst aero wheels on the market..does not make any sense.
i would use campy direct mount brakes. black brakes match sram etap better than dura-ace.

bora one 50..the braking is good even in the wet. tested my tour mag. one of the only rims to survive there alpine torture test..
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

beautiful frame. the nibali bars and stem belong on the specialized. the cipollini deserves something more fitting of the lion king, like deda carbon bars and stem or even a one piece combo bar/stem, like cinelli ram.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

REDUTOPIA wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:

Please, could you explain better?

[quote]

"NK1K: AN HI-TECK TOOL READY TO FALL YOU IN LOVE". Should be" NK1K a hi-tech tool you can fall in love with. (Although my version ends with a preposition which is also faulty English.) They should forget all this nonsense and limit their marketing to naked pictures of Mario on the bikes. I am serious (and I am a professor of marketing :smartass: ).
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Ok now I I understand!

Thank you all for your advices.
I will mount in next days also a high profile wheelset but for the start I've preferred mount the my favorite wheelset that is Mavic R-Sys SLR both to demonstrate that a low profile wheelset can transform the bike in a bike even more all-round or that it is not as unsightly as on others road aero bikes such as on Madone 9 or on Venge Vias and keep the weight low to try how low I could get. I wish no more than 7kg and for me 6,8kg is a great score. Finally, I have relied heavily on their all-black look otherwise it would have been unpleasant.

mrgray

by mrgray

i think the bike looks fantastic and thank you for the detailed write-up. some deeper wheelsx would be fun for you too when you can and i suppose would suit better with the aeroness of the frame. yes but just as it is i think it has a nice stance and looks very good.

well done and good luck!

be nice to hear from you what you like about the ride of the bike.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Are this better?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com