This weekend i built my dream bike:

Parts list is easy:
2016 Ultimate CF SLX Frame Size S
H36 Aerocockpit length: 100 mm, width: 410 mm
SRAM Red eTap 50/34, 11/28
Zipp 404 Clincher
Continental GP 4000 S II
Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio

The weight is 6.900 kg - the Zipps are quite heavy.

What do you think about it?

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

I think it is awesome. I am very jealous. Please post a ride report soon.

Do you have any shallower wheels to run on it? I must say I like the 404s with that frame!

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Looks awesome, well done. !!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Love this colour scheme - did you get a chance to weigh the frame before the build?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

euph

by euph

Looks amazing. Really clean. :thumbup:

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Superb bike, I want to get an Ultimate CF as my next bike, what size/stats are you?, I can't decide between an S or a M.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Wonderful! Was really close on buying one, but went the Ti route with eTap. It works really well. Did you buy as a frameset? or did you buy the 9.0 aero and swapped the groupset?

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

The best looking Canyon I've seen to date.

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Really dig this one. The matte tones match nicely, no spacers (I don't mind having a small stack of spacers, but for some reason, I can't stand them on the CF SLX), and the propertions are just right. Nice build!

cnyn

by cnyn

MikeyBE wrote:I think it is awesome. I am very jealous. Please post a ride report soon.

Do you have any shallower wheels to run on it? I must say I like the 404s with that frame!

Did 10k yesterday - short testride because of rain. I'm absolutely in love!! Soo nice!! Can't wait to do some more ks.
Well i have some chinese carbon clinchers, little shallower than the 404. And i own some Mavic Ksyrium SLR with black braking edge but i don't want to change the break pads so often. So maybe i have to buy some shallower wheels some time (ev. ax-lightness Ultra 28C or sth like that - has to be lightweight!!). We'll see....

Kayrehn wrote:Love this colour scheme - did you get a chance to weigh the frame before the build?

The frame was 812g with headset bearings.

stevec1975 wrote:Superb bike, I want to get an Ultimate CF as my next bike, what size/stats are you?, I can't decide between an S or a M.

This is a S. I'm 177m / seat height approx. 71/72mm. Check the canyon hp, they added sth. useful to the geometry table.

Nejmann wrote:Wonderful! Was really close on buying one, but went the Ti route with eTap. It works really well. Did you buy as a frameset? or did you buy the 9.0 aero and swapped the groupset?

I got the frameset from canyon and the other parts myself (the 9.0 aero comes with 303 - i prefer 404).

burglarboycie wrote:The best looking Canyon I've seen to date.

rekhyt wrote:Really dig this one. The matte tones match nicely, no spacers (I don't mind having a small stack of spacers, but for some reason, I can't stand them on the CF SLX), and the propertions are just right. Nice build!

Thank you so much. Very kind of you two.

slian

by slian

Looks like a EL frame set. Did you have issue getting stock?

Nice build btw. Love everything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnyn

by cnyn

EL-frame, yes.
I ordered at the end of last year... maybe you have read about the issues Canyon had at implementing their new process (new canyon factory & new IT system).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slian

by slian

Indeed I did. I had intention of doing the same as you but the electronic frame set is sold out for the year in my size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk