NOS Colnago EPS Mapei Traditional build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Maybe change it to the dark label version, or Superleggera?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I really like the shape and rise (-8 degrees) of the Deda Zero 100 series of stems. And I think the logos are fairly easy to remove if you choose to go that route. But if it were me, I'd be putting this one on that bike... note the blue accents which complement a major colour group of your frame. It's the reason I no longer have it on any of my bikes... I've got no blue. But on yours, I think it would work perfectly...

And here it is in contrast to the newer "bright" white with some red graphics. Note the much more subdued, almost greyish hue of the DEDA logo. Yes, on your bike I think that's the best choice. At least imo...

Not a fan of the Colnago Nemesis stem. Nor the Superleggera. I don't think the Superlegerra is as solid as the Zero 100, and I don't like that it's stack height is an abnormal 36mm instead of 40mm.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tids0009

by tids0009

Thanks Calnago, really appreciate your responses. I might try and remove some of the white bars/lines on the current stem first and see if that improves the look. If not I might put the old Deda stem back on that you have with the subtle blue highlights and greyish hue to it.

byron505

by byron505

this might be my favorite bike on the forum right now
FS 2018 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap with 90's Cannondale Track paint | 60cm | ??kg
2017 | Cannondale Evo2 eTap | 60cm | 6.7kg
Instagram: @byron505

chefczyk

by chefczyk

beeeeaaautiful!

tids0009

by tids0009

byron505 wrote:this might be my favorite bike on the forum right now

Thanks byron505, it's definitely my favourite bike to ride and look at (apart from the stem which I will fix soon). It rides like silk, very smooth and quiet.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I actually really like the Superleggera stem; great weight and I was plenty satisfied with the stiffness but the stack height is a little odd. I just ended up with one more spacer.

If you're going for minimal logos, the Kalloy Uno stem is just as light as the Deda, normal stack height, plenty stiff, and $25 shipped on eBay.