Newbie from France

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Olivv

by Olivv

Hello everybody!

At first sorry for my approximativd English...

I'm from France, 44 Year old, ancient road racer during 15 years and now I practice without competition.
I'm a "little weight weenie" with my Trek madone 5,2, weighted at 6.205gr, hope to reach 6.0kg soon with last improvements like a Tune saddle, an extralite stem, and maybe lighter wheels.

But the goal would be more easy with a new frame, mine is at 920gr... I plan to buy next year a Focus Izalco max (720gr) or a Cervelo R5.

I'm impressed with the quality of your forum, many knowledge, and a real cyclist culture, I read you for several weeks and I have already learn a lot.
Here in France we have bike forums too, but not really in the same spirit, with the sense of detail I have found here, and the good ambiance between members.

At soon on the forum!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

it is a pleasure to welcome such an accomplished weight weenie! 6.205 kg and on the way down seems tres bien. we would love to see a photo of your bike please. several in fact! also for wheels what did you have in mind? and what do you have now?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Olivv

by Olivv

:D
Last edited by Olivv on Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olivv

by Olivv

Thank you Mrgray, that's kind of you :D

For the picture I try from my IPhone....But without success, if you could help me...

In the detail the frame is a 2012 madone 5.2, dura ace 9000 shifters, front and rear derailleurs, TRP brakes, rotor 3d24 crankset with ta chainrings, SRAM red 22 11-25 k7, speed play zero tuned pedals, new ultimate stem with 3T Carbon handlebar, slr saddle with carbon rails, and for wheels this is kinlin xr200 with Tune hub 70/170.
...soon I will mount two 7g bottle cage.

To reach my weight target I plan to go with tubulars wheels, with carbon rims and same hubs, to change my stem for an Extralite, my Slr for a Tune komm vor, and perhaps my crank set for a SRAM red 22 gxp (a new frame in BB30 would be better...).

:beerchug:

danbjpa

by danbjpa

@olivv
Use Tapatalk app, easy to follow the forum and upload pictures.
Welcome!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Olivv

by Olivv

Let's try...
Image1464734318.169188.jpg

Olivv

by Olivv

Ok, it works, It was a test, I will do my best to do others soon, thank you for help,
Best regards.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

mrgray

by mrgray

this looks very good but it will really get moving when you get those tubs on. sub 6 kg and a very practical, reliable riding machine seems like a great goal to me and is what i am trying for my WW bike.

extralite stem - very light. but in my opinion, not very stiff. i have had issues with wobbling front end of descents due to a extralite stem. sometimes it is great to lose 50 g, sometimes it is great to feel like you won't die today! (i do however have a extralite -12 deg 110 mm stem for sale) :lol:
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

Olivv

by Olivv

Lol!

I don't want to die too soon, don't worry, and I'm light weight rider, only 68kg for 1,81m.

This Trek is old and not the lightest, but I like it, I have a good feeling with it in mountains, I have the chance to go in the Alpes regularly.
I have discovered Trek for 18-19 years, before I have Colnagos, master Olympic, Bi Titan, and C40, nice bikes, with a special spirit made of legend, but one day a dealer give me a 5500 for a test, and wow! A paradise when the road goes up.
In the US I think Trek is very common, but here it a little exotic, with a very good reputation.
The only negative point for me it's this BB90...

mrgray

by mrgray

fascinating to have your perspective on trek. they are much more commonplace here in australia and i'd rarely hear them praised over other storied brands such as colnago etc. i have never ridden one and would not know so to be clear i am not putting the bike down. just relaying the different brand impressions that hold here.

what wheels do you think? you are running some shimano stuff so maybe dura-ace c35s or something? for the climbing i think hyperons are very nice but they are relatively cheap here (second hand). to go as light as possible perhaps look at the ax lightness wheels on star bike. 840 g or so i think.
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

Olivv

by Olivv

About my sensations between it's very personnal, but before my first Trek (5500) I have a C40, beautifull frame, but heavy, and too stiff for me.
My prefered Colnago was a bititan, used late 90's by Tony Rominger for example, very very good frame.

For wheels, even if big manufacturers made some nice and light models, I prefer to choose my components, hubs, rims, spokes, etc... I have the luck to have near my home a little artisan who made very good wheels, look at his site www.rca-bike.fr, you can configurate every thing you want, and he work with top quality parts, Tune, Extralite, AMC...etc
I want to go with tubulars, but I have not stop my choice, wait and see.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Welcome, you have a very cool bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olivv

by Olivv

Thank you, some other pics :

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓