Parlee ESX Etap

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TimmS

by TimmS

Very nice and clean bike.
Only thing I would look after alternatives are the brake cables and routing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sim0n0

by Sim0n0

meesterbond wrote:Thanks!

I'll caveat the response re the eeBrakes with the facts that it's only been ridden in the dry and pretty much only on the flat / slightly undulating roads but bearing that in mind, they've been great.
I haven't noticed that the stopping power or modulation is any better or worse than the Red / Record ones I've used previously and they are really easy to adjust (centring and width).

Beautiful bike!

I'm also running eebrakes (centre mount version) right front with SRAM eTap levers.. I had them set up okay with my previous Dura Ace 9000 levers and November Rail 52 rims, but I've now fitted a set of Zipp 202's and the lever 'feel' isn't as good

Please can you tell me how many washers/spacers your shop have fitted between the shoes and the arms (if any)?

meesterbond

by meesterbond

I'm not completely familiar with the brakes as I didn't fit them, but it looks like there's just one silver spacer / washer behind each brake pad holder.

Sim0n0

by Sim0n0

meesterbond wrote:I'm not completely familiar with the brakes as I didn't fit them, but it looks like there's just one silver spacer / washer behind each brake pad holder.
Thanks

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

So great!
I think of the mounting ETAP. How about Etap?

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

I purchased the "etap".
It is inconvenient?

kgt

by kgt

It looks great!
I just think it needs higher profile wheels.
Has anyone ever tested the actual aero performace of this frame btw?

meesterbond

by meesterbond

kgt wrote:It looks great!
I just think it needs higher profile wheels.
Has anyone ever tested the actual aero performace of this frame btw?

Thanks!

Agreed re. wheels - I had the 303's from a previous build. If I was speccing it from scratch I'd probably go with 404's or more likely Enves and matching cockpit, but they'll do for the time being.

Apparently Parlee tested the frame themselves but I haven't seen any of the numbers. To be honest I doubt it beats any of the true aero bikes out there, but having sold an older model S5 it's a much nicer bike to ride than that.

kgt

by kgt

meesterbond wrote:Apparently Parlee tested the frame themselves but I haven't seen any of the numbers. To be honest I doubt it beats any of the true aero bikes out there, but having sold an older model S5 it's a much nicer bike to ride than that.

I am sure