2007 Cervelo R3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Flapmeat

by Flapmeat

Hello all, long time lurker. Finally time to show what I have been riding. Since I enjoyed cycling so much last year, I decided to splurge and give myself a treat. This is my everyday bike, and it gives me a shit-eating grin every time I ride it!

2007 Cervelo Team CSC R3 54cm frame/stock 3T fork (CSC decals removed)
3T ARX 100mm -17 deg stem
Knockoff 3T bars
Unknown brand leather bar wrap (it was in my used parts bin and love the feel of it!)
MY15 SR11 levers
MY15 SR11 FD
MY15 SR11 RD
6800 170mm 53/39, 9000 BB (temporary)
6800 11-28 (temporary)
Campagnolo Record chain (temporary)
KCNC CB1 brakes
Campagnolo cables/guides
Swisstop Black Prince pads
2012 Reynolds DV3KT
Vittoria Corsa 23c front/25c rear (23c front as it still has plenty of meat, that's the only reason why there's two different sizes)
Bontrager Paradigm RL (temporary)
Exotic 27.2 250 seatpost, uncut for now
Bontrager RL cages
Garmin new style speed, cadence sensors
K-edge XL Garmin mount
Speedplay Zero SS pedals
Chinese Ti skewers

Total weight as seen (including Garmin sensors, mount, pedals): 6686g / 14.74lbs

I did have a SR11 Titanium 175mm 52/36 crankset, XG1190 11-25 cassette, and Fizik Arione R1 saddle (total weight with those parts was 6459g / 14.24lbs) but have been experimenting with different crank arm lengths, gearing, and saddles to make this bike perfect for me. The heavy crank, cassette, and saddle are all temporary; I have a MY15 SR11 170mm crankset, 11-28 DA cassette, KMC X11SL chain, and Bontrager Paradigm XXX saddle on the way. By my calculations (based off of claimed weights) I should be dropping right back to where I was (~6450g).

I am looking to swap to a lighter bottle cage, but I'm worried it won't hold my bottles as well as the Bontrager RLs do. Any suggestions? Will also be swapping to Ti spindles on the Speedplays eventually. Not sure where else I can cut weight!

More pictures later, it's pretty crappy weather right now :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com