Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 (updated photos on page 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Beverly

by Beverly

Excellent!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

the fluo version looks better to me!

nd2rc

by nd2rc

The bar tape and cages look great now. Put a Force or Red crankset on there and it'd be perfect!

mrgray

by mrgray

loved it as per previous with black. bars, stem and shifters looks awesome how flat it is at front. totally disagree re: fluoro. dont like it. go back! go back to black.

really slick and fast looking bike. funny you say it holds speed really well because thats how it looks, like it would be mega fast n the flat.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

kapalek

by kapalek

Have same frame,
Did you have problems with shifting? I had with my super record, crossed cables inside downtube solves problems.

Durisic

by Durisic

I like this version. good!! :thumbup:

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Made a few changes to the bike. SRAM Red eTap gear group, Specialized Toupé S-Works saddle and Continental Grand Prix 4 Season tires. Still need to swap out the crankset for the SRAM Red eTap crankset but that will probably have to wait until next season. Also bought a pair of wheels built with DT Swiss RR440 rims and DT Swiss 350 Classic hubs.

The bike looks so much cleaner with no wires for the derailleurs.

Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

mfin

by mfin

Normally I am completely allergic to this vintage of the Dogma but yours I actually like. They're so often Sky colours which says a lot about the owner, and so often covered in Dura Ace which doesn't look the best cos it's so shouty, some people call it blingy, but it's not bling looking, it's just looks crap. Yours looks so much better, it actually looks good. Understated black brakes . The etap chainset is black too which is what it needs, something that doesn't stand out. Like it with the Reynolds too, doesn't feel like it would work, but it does. The etap mechs aren't the best looking ever, but at least there's not much in the way of metal colours on the bike fighting for attention, and once the chainset is changed and black it will be better again.

I'm scratching my head how I'm not looking at the photos and wanting to smash up those wonky forks for the first time ever. Oh, black tape and bottle cages best by a mile.

deano87

by deano87

Nice ride! Looks like a beast
The Journey is more important than the Destination!

bilwit

by bilwit

looks bloody great, I always wanted the white one but they were already EOL+out of stock everywhere by the time I had the money for it :(

kantcantcamp

by kantcantcamp

this is one of my favourite framesets ever, such a weird design, with the wavy fork legs and chain/seat stays not sure what the design rationale was, but it looks amazing.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

love the frame, but the ultegra crank and Rapha sticker need to go
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

Greenduck

by Greenduck

mfin wrote:Normally I am completely allergic to this vintage of the Dogma but yours I actually like. They're so often Sky colours which says a lot about the owner, and so often covered in Dura Ace which doesn't look the best cos it's so shouty, some people call it blingy, but it's not bling looking, it's just looks crap. Yours looks so much better, it actually looks good. Understated black brakes . The etap chainset is black too which is what it needs, something that doesn't stand out. Like it with the Reynolds too, doesn't feel like it would work, but it does. The etap mechs aren't the best looking ever, but at least there's not much in the way of metal colours on the bike fighting for attention, and once the chainset is changed and black it will be better again.

I'm scratching my head how I'm not looking at the photos and wanting to smash up those wonky forks for the first time ever. Oh, black tape and bottle cages best by a mile.

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. I would have liked the derailleurs were in a more black metal than silver. Hopefully SRAM does that with their second generation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Greenduck

by Greenduck

New photo with my winter wheels and the Shimano Ultegra 6800 crankset has finally been replaced by a SRAM Red eTap crankset.

Last edited by Greenduck on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.