S Works Venge 58cm Stealth Project - New update, pic heavy!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

welchy

by welchy

Hi everybody,

Here is my venge, dead happy with the ride as it's been unbelievable so far - the bars/stem look very angled up in this pic but its exaggerated by the angle i've taken the photo - still, i'm going to drop them a wee bit now!

Just put the Zipps on and they really do sell it to me, plans for the future are changes the cages to a lighter set, Zipp Sl stem and carbon aero bars, maybe run S-Works crankset..

Brand/Model 2015 S-Works Venge
Stem Easton EC90 SL Stem
Bars Zipp SL70 Ergo Bars
Tape S-Works Stealth Black
DA 9001 Groupset
Praxis Works Bottom Bracket Adaptor
Saddle S-Works Toupe
Post S-Works Venge
Seat Clamp S-Works Venge
Front Mech DA9000
Chain Catcher K-Edge Chain Catcher ( Double )
Chain Set DA9000 172.5mm 52/36
Bottom Bracket S-Works Ceremic Speed
Pedals Speedplay Chromo
Chain DA9000 Chain
Rear Mech DA9000
Cassette DA9000 11/28T
WheelSet Zipp 404 2016 Carbon Clinchers
Tyres Conti GP 4000iis
Garmin Mount
Tubes Conti Supersonic 28s

[url=http://s231.photobucket.com/user/welchy360/media/Mobile%20Uploads/43D34FA2-513F-4594-A246-7822C5C5DBC1_zpsgrdg5ni7.jpg.html]Image
Last edited by welchy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Very nice proportions for a big sloping bike!
Very well done! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lrdunc

by lrdunc

God that is nice :beerchug:

Batmobile for sure.

gmakris

by gmakris

true stealth bike!

R350

by R350

Nice front door

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Grey cables :(

welchy

by welchy

Pottsy wrote:Grey cables :(

Thanks for all the comments guys :) Yeh I'm really chuffed with it at the moment, the ride is pretty faultless and i've racked up around 500kms so far.

As for the cables, I'm open to suggestions! What is everybody using, I haven't got on with Jagwire as the quality just seemed pretty poor when they were fitted to the tarmac. Current cables are the DA set that were supplied with the groupo, to be honest I didn't faff about with the cables when it was built as i just wanted to get out on it!

I will be dropping the stem a spacer and the bars have already been nudged down which massively improves it's looks, just got t oget Velothon Wales (100Mile ride/race this weekend in "comfort" mode) before Crit season begins!

I did have Hope Hoops 45s on for my first clincher set, but the Zipps are so much better in a deeper profile! You decide:
13094335_10154120134629785_1036024936388800797_n.jpg

welchy

by welchy

So, I have just been to my LBS for a new DA Chain and I've paired it with a Ultegra Cassette as I kinked the chain yesterday and the cassette has seen a couple of thousand so I thought - let's just do them both.

Anyway, the bike weighed in at a whopping 7,560 Grams with pedals, cages, and Garmin mount attached.
First thing's first what would be everybody first port of call to start eliminating weight?

I know the Cages are heavy - switch to carbon ones? 90g pair - switch to Lightweight Edelhelfer 36g Saving - 54g
The pedals are chromo - switch to Titanium? 216g for Chromo - 164g for Ti - Saving - 52g
The Garmin mount - switch to Fetha mount (Unknown!)

So thats 106gs I know I can save - any other thoughts?!

I get that the Praxis BB will be adding and an S-Works crank would be lighter - but the DA shifts sooo well!!

KCookie

by KCookie

The DA inner and outer cables on my bike are 96g, so there is room there to loose weight. My Edelhelfer cages came in at 20g & 21g so don't always believe the weight stated. There are defiantly cages out there lighter and cheaper. !!

welchy

by welchy

I was thinking of going for these:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/jagwire-road-el ... brake-kit/

For brakes and cables, so hopefully there will be a saving here :)

KCookie

by KCookie

I got the black Jagwire delivered from wiggle yesterday, I will weigh them later and post the actual weights for you.

KCookie

by KCookie

Just weighed the cables and its 117g in total so im hoping not all the length of cables are needed, otherwise a waste of money as theres no weight to be saved.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

welchy

by welchy

KCookie wrote:Just weighed the cables and its 117g in total so im hoping not all the length of cables are needed, otherwise a waste of money as theres no weight to be saved.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Have you fitted them yet buddy? I am keen to know how you think they perform over DA Cables, also what the weight diff will be?

Cheers for the info so far :)

KCookie

by KCookie

Unfortunately not fitted yet, I'm still waiting for a warranty frame to arrive, then the Shop will been swapping everything over. I'm new to cycling so I haven't got a clue about bike mechanics. Will be there to watch a learn though. I'm very eager to see the weight difference to. !!!

welchy

by welchy

So there have been a few changes, mostly as a result of a Retul Bikefit at BikeScience Bristol. My position has changed a fair bit, mainly setback angle of the seatpost and also changing the stem up from 130MM to 110MM, but it gave me a nice excuse to put on a Zipp Sprint - Albeit a bit heavier!!

So firstly here are a few snaps:

Positioning changes:

How the bike was looking in race mode:

Old Stem Easton Stem weigh in:

New Zipp Sprint - Heavy but so great to ride with and a million times stiffer!! better pics to follow:

And I treated myself to two new pairs of sneaks:

Oh and lastly - I found a Allez frame for £30 locally in immaculate condition - only had some Giant defy forks - any ideas if they will fit - build thread on this to come - it will be my new crit machine (probs with new forks if these don't work!!:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com