Focus Izalco Max 5.39kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Very nice and a great result. Incidently do you know how he finds the front shifting with the Extralite rings? I was looking at them for my next build but there seems to be conflicting thoughts on the shifting

Steve M.
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I sold him my rings. If you have Di2, no issues at all. Fantastic. 2011 Campy works... ok... Red 22 works pretty well though. I do find myself babying my downshifts with these though or I drop my chain, could be because of my shorter chainstays needing more FD clearance to not rub the biggest cog?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Cool, thanks for the first had info. Running DI2 currently but planning on a Fuji SL1.1 with red 22. Not sure on crank and was planning on Praxis rings but maybe the Extralites will be worthwhile.

Steve
BB

Coffee & carbon

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I'm running Extralite rings and I'm 172lb, They shift great with Super Record. Shifting can be attributed to how you setup your group, more so than the rings themselves. Do they feel as sturdy as a set of Praxis, nope! I mean look at any other ring and the amount of material used. Do The extralite rings flex, nope! You can tell a huge difference from a set of Praxis to Extralite in stiffness alone, but not anything significant. I love my Extralite rings and they're the only rings I'll be running for some time. I do want a set of Carbon-Ti rings to bling up my bike though..

This Focus is amazing. I narrowed my WW build down to (3) frames. Izalco Max, Ridley Helium SL and BH Ultralight Evo. I love the look of the Focus Izalco max, but couldn't find one as a frame/fork combo. My BH is heavy for a WW frame. The Focus and Ridley are consistent with sub 750g weights

This build could even be lighter with a few more parts. Crazy! Such a clean build.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Beautiful bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickard

by rickard

Super! This bike kills it. I've an older Izalco frame and got some good tips from this build

nomarkp

by nomarkp

nice build. good color!!

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

A great looking bike, well done! :)