My first build: Ritte Bosberg 3.0

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Looking good. You can get little rubber spirals that wrap around the cable at points where it's in contact with the frame. If you get them in black they are pretty much invisible.
http://www.rushcycles.co.uk/m2b269s575p ... et-4/RS_GB

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Ah, those look great...thanks for the tip! Much better than that sticker...

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

No worries. Need to get some myself, although the protection tape doesn't show up at all on my frame.

Beverly

by Beverly

Here they are from a US seller: http://fairwheelbikes.com/fair-wheel-bikes-cable-housing-guards/

Example:
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6319_zps6kas55zp.jpg~original

Bike is looking good! Hard to go wrong with blue/yellow/red.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

^ Awesome, thank you. See I actually think those look kinda cool. I'll have to order a set.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Looks good! If you cross your cables, they never touch the headtube. Example:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

^also an option... but doesn't that mean you need to cross the cables on the downtube? Might just be me but that rattling (where they cross) drove me crazy.

With the cranks, are you set on the Ultegra cranks? Looking on eBay you might be able to find some exogram red cranks - should save at least 200g compared to your 105 cranks in the BB30 flavour. Perhaps not aesthetically ideal, but you could always strip the graphics off the red cranks to be a better match.

Also just noticed that your seat clamp is 26g, sorry I missed that earlier. There are some 11g ones available (not an American shop, but an example http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/grp-b ... olt-1/TBUD). Hopefully stays under/around 1$/g if you can find something similar in the US.

Another option I've seen is shrink wrap but I doubt it saves much money/weight and it sounds like more hassle.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

KarlC

by KarlC

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

istigatrice

by istigatrice

^It's neither exogram or BB30 though, so not a bargain in terms of weight savings/

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

lrdunc

by lrdunc

^ I'll keep looking into better crankset options.

I've put some miles on the bike with one spacer left under the stem and it's feeling great so far. I'll get through this week and see how I feel, but I think that's where I'll end up.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Bringing this thread back from the dead hoping to get some sizing advice as I'm looking at a new bike.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Disc 8.0 Di2. The geometry is a bit different than my Ritte so just looking for some advice.

My Ritte Bosberg is a size 53 frame. I have 170mm cranks, 40cm bars and a 130mm stem, which is slammed. Saddle height is 78cm if I recall correctly.

The Ultimate in size Small is a 54.3 frame, while the XS is a 52.9. The size Small comes with a 120mm stem and 40cm bars. Not sure about the XS.

The Canyon fit system suggests that I get the size Small frame rather than the XS. A Canyon rep I've spoken to suggests the same, and a couple of friends who ride Ultimates have suggested the same as well. The idea of getting a larger frame is kinda throwing me as my previous bike (a Specialized Allez) was a true 54 and I sized down when I got my Ritte, which I've enjoyed (never had any fit issues).

Can anyone help me out here, as I'm sure it's pretty clear that I'm not any sort of fit expert.

To the extent it's helpful, here are a couple shots to give an idea of my current setup:

Thanks in advance.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

The canyon has a different seat tube angle to your bosberg, with your B being steeper, this means that the 53 top tube of the bosberg is "longer" than the 53 top tube on a canyon (more like a 535-540). Unless you can't get the stem low enough I'd suggest a S or even a M if you don't mind using a 100-110 stem. I'd almost suggest you're a little too low currently but without seeing you in person it's hard to make a judgement.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Get a S on the Canyon. XS would make you look like you're riding a girl bike.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting a Small. Should be here by Monday or Tuesday next week so we'll see how it goes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com