Project sub 6kg retro weenie experiment -finished for now 6.22kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fletch62

by fletch62

Have you tried the rear der. with 10 speed yet?
From a little reading on the net, it seems the Mavic 851 which i think you have, is 7 speed only and thats a stretch.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It will work. I have friction shifter. I use another similar mavic mech on a Vitus I have with shimano 10 speed.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Right I have made some progress given. The bars are on and I have decided that the mavic mech is not shiney enough to use but I have a Dura Ace 7800 RD. I put the Extralite pulley wheels in it and last night bought a carbon cage and some purple bolts for it.
current weight of the mech is 163g. The main pivot bolt has been replaced with a purple alloy one.

I need to get black powercordz cables as I am unsure if the red works. I have not connected or cut them yet.
The silver front and rear mechs though somehow dont look right. I was bidding on a Campagnolo record 10 speed rear mech but the price went far too high for me. I cant get a new one from any of the distributors now either. Do I have to get a more modern one? 2010 record FD's and RD's are still available trade. I could buy one of them I suppose.

Schmolke bars fitted and Saevid Alien Saddle is on. The bike weighs 6.11kg currently so I have to do is enter that hill climb now.
Saddle to handlebar drop is 125mm.
[URL=http://s232.photobucket.com/user/bm0p700f/media/DSC00860_zps5hrzpew4.jpg.html]ImageImage[/url]

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Nearly done just won a bid on ebay for a set of cirrus ultralite pedals. If the arrive in time for the hill climb i want to do that would be great.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222252578056? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Hopefully will be under 6.2kg.

I need to get new lighter wheels for it built.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It is done. Ultralite Cirrus pedals arrived these weigh 77g/pair! not very sensible though but it is a hill climb bike. Bar tape on and logo's lined up. Got the front tyre on the wrong way round though bugger.
Weight is 6.22kg. Now all I need is for my entry into the RTTA hill climb at Matlock to be approved and it will have a purpose!
Also carbon Ti is something I am working on bringing back to the u.k. Hense I have there top cap.

sib

by sib

bm0p700f wrote:Columbus minimal because it is light and cheap. £100
Woodman Carbo EL seatpost purchased $114 shipped to the U.K (new)
Frame (and fork) £135 euro shipped. The columbus Genius chromed fork though is in fine condition and will be sold to reduce to the total bill.

Where did you buy the Carbo EL seatpost from at that price?
I'm hoping to get one as well, but can't find it for less than 160 dollars.

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Amazing bike!

Ii it possible to take some pictures with a better camera ? I feel these pictures dont do the anodizing justice....

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I dont have a better camera or better lighting or a better background. I dont have the time either to sort these things out, wish I did but I don't.

As for the seatpost some shop in the U.S sorry I forget which one.