2016 Cannondale Supersix Evo HM Ultegra, 52cm: 6,45kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sacke

by Sacke

Here is more or less the starting point of this build.

A stock 2016 Cannondale Supersix Evo HM Ultegra with the plenty of room for weight loss.

The SMP saddle is on test as I am curious to see if I can get the magic carpet comfort that other saddles haven't provided.

I swapped the original stem for a 3T ARX LTD, but kept the C1 handlebars as the shape is surprisingly good and the weight of the handlebars isn't bad either.

The bike with the stock Ksyrium wheels (1800g per pair) is a very respectable 6,95kg with bottle cage and pedals (Look Keo Blade 2 CR).

With the Cosmic Carbon Ultimates + Mavic Yksion Pro tubulars + Ultegra cassette, the bike weighs 6,45kg as pictured.

The saddle is not likely to stay, so only that change will get the weight down by 150g to 6,3kg.

The Ultegra groupset will eventually go which means:

Brakes: SRAM Red 250g vs Ultegra 340g + lighter pads -> -100g. Weight of bike down to 6,2kg.

Hoods: SRAM Red 285g vs Ultegra 425g -> -140g

Derailleurs: SRAM Red 223g vs Ultegra 300g -> -77g

And there we are... without any fancy parts and more room to get lighter, the bike will be less than 6kg. With a lighter cassette than Ultegra and other pedals the weight could probably reach around 5,85kg without getting creative.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Very pretty bike!!

junchen

by junchen

May I suggest a cheaper n lighter brakes than the red - July / planet x brakes. 200g. Vs red 250g. Not available on star bike, but saw it here https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... ,4,320,321

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Sacke

by Sacke

Trying new things out.

Didn't keep the Cosmic Carbon Ultimate wheels due to the pulsating feel when braking.

Trying these new Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon. They have potential, but Mavic tyres suck big time. I have now tried 3 different wheelsets with Mavic Yksion tyres, and each time I almost start thinking there is something wrong with the wheels. On top of it, someone told me that the Mavic 25-32 inner tubes weight a whopping 130g each, which means that in the end the bike is as heavy with these new 1490g wheels, as it is with the stock 1790g Mavic Ksyriums (mounted with 23mm Conti GP4000 S II).

Feel ok on the flats and without changes in speed, but very sluggish when accelerating uphill. Yesterday I noticed myself wishing I had my heavier Ksyriums when playing cat and mouse with a strong junior rider that I happened to bump into on my ride. Looks nice though, albeit a bit flashy.