Ritte Bosberg - new member

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

miklm

by miklm

Been a lurker for a bit, thought I'd post my bike. Please be easy, this is my first project bike and only been riding for a couple of years. Very much learning all I can from forums such as this, so please offer up any constructive criticism.

Starting with a Ritte Bosberg frame, obviously the open mold Ritte started with, and this is an early bike by evidence of the external cable stops. This was one of the Ritte shop team race bikes and has been well used. I know some here won't care for it; fair enough. I loved these frames since the first one I saw, and jumped at the opportunity to buy one at a good price. Not many people in Alabama have seen one.

Ritte Bosberg 56 frame/fork/hardware 1,550*
SRAM Red 22 full groupset 1,722
Wheelset – ENVE Classic 1.45/Continental Competition tubulars 1,650
Saddle – Fizik Antares VSX 247
Stem – Fizik Cyrano R1 110mm 131
Bars – Fizik Cyrano R3 42cm 259
Skewers 42
Cages – Arundel Dave-O 2x 66* (weight from mfg.)
Misc. (Bar tape, Garmin mount, cables, etc.) 361*
6,028g // 13.29 lb.

+Pedals Ultegra 6800 258g
6,286g // 13.86 lb.

Unfortunately I didn't thoroughly weight everything before starting, so items with * are estimated by working back from the final weight.

I'm not getting on great with the saddle anyway, so that will be swapped soon and will easily save another 100g+. Also switching to lighter carbon bars, and then weigh with a single bottle cage and removing the Garmin mount etc. would have it well under 6kg/ in the 12.x lb. range on paper. :)

It's been a fun budget build/project to put together with my mechanic. I know this pales in comparison to the great bikes posted here but thanks for looking.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

Nice ride. Always loved the paint work.
Last edited by 1swiftvelo on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Regardless of open mold, I've always liked their paint. Nice bike and good weight, congrats and welcome.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Me too, when I first saw a Ritte (on this forum) I had never heard of them before. But aesthetically they really appealed to me with the simple lines and unique paint. Good job on the build. Looks proportionate. If there was something I'd change it'd be the decals on the wheels. I would probably lose them altogether and just go black rims with no decals. The blue on the wheels doesn't match any of the blues on the bike and I find it a bit distracting.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I agree on the wheel stickers. The bike looks great. I believe that most of the hate that vent Rittes way happend long ago and it was a result of Ritte being one of the first companies to build a brand around open mould frames at a time where those frames weren't as common and easy accessible as today.

Today everybody knows about open mould frames and they have been accepted as a viable option to established brands.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Beautiful bike. +1 on losing the wheel decals, but otherwise pretty damn near perfect.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Agree with Calnago on the wheel decals, but I think it's a great looking bike otherwise :thumbup:

On a recent ride I passed a guy on a Ritte...not sure what it was, but I'm thinking it was the Vlaanderen frame? In any event it looked great. Seems like a pretty cool company!

By the way, major kudos for going with something you don't see very many of on the road!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miklm

by miklm

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I'm happy with how it has turned out - in my mind, a good mix of aesthetics, budget, reliability and weight.

I was on the fence about the wheel decals and I think you guys have confirmed my suspicions. Luckily that is cheap & easy to change.